Kitty Kahane

rwcarter

Essjay said:
I'm quite drawn because of that wierdness I think. It has small chickens wearing hats and other odd things.
Funny you should say that. That chicken wearing the hat (who isn't mentioned in the not-so-LWB) was one of the things that was throwing me about the deck. How in the heck would I interpret such an image if it came up :?:

Rodney

Essjay

Hmm, good point. I was thinking of the empowerment of the Empress; so powerful she can elevate the simple chicken to a hat-wearing bird. Lol, maybe not - you're right, what on earth does it mean?

missy

Essjay said:
Hmm, good point. I was thinking of the empowerment of the Empress; so powerful she can elevate the simple chicken to a hat-wearing bird. Lol, maybe not - you're right, what on earth does it mean?

Maybe greggors can give us the scoop on the hat-wearing chicken! :D

I am curious as to what it means. :surprise:

gregory

Greggers reads in such a way that this is NOT an issue. It reads like a DREAM (OK maybe a bit of a nightmare - but it's GREAT !) It has NEVER let me down.

What is wrong with a chook in a hat anyway ? I LOVE this Empress actually and seriously ! Especially the sun with tresses and the tulips and the pix on her dress. AND the chicken :D

missy

gregory said:
Greggers reads in such a way that this is NOT an issue. It reads like a DREAM (OK maybe a bit of a nightmare - but it's GREAT !) It has NEVER let me down.

What is wrong with a chook in a hat anyway ? I LOVE this Empress actually and seriously ! Especially the sun with tresses and the tulips and the pix on her dress. AND the chicken :D

YES! NOTHING is wrong with it. :D It is one of the reasons I LOVE the deck.

Like the Hierophant surfing along with his big tongue sticking out, blathering all the way :laugh: It makes me laugh just thinking about it! All that talking, talking ... :D

There are other chickens in the deck, aren't they? *goes to look* Yes! The Hermit has a lovely chicken in it! The Star is kind of a RIOT, :laugh: with a chicken-like woman dumping a bucket of water over the maiden's head. :surprise: Although the chicken in the Empress is quite unique with his head and bowler hat!

To me, the deck has a sort of "surfer" vibe.

It looks like it would be great fun to take it to parties. :party:

kaleanna

Hello everyone,

I read this thread and remembered seeing one of these decks at a half price books for under $10. and so I went there today to see if it was still there. It was and so Kitty Kahane came home with me today along with arcus arcanum(which was also under $10) tarot deck.

So thank you for enabling yet another person on getting the Kitty Kahane deck. I will be looking through it tonite when I get a chance.

kaleanna

rif

kaleanna said:
I read this thread and remembered seeing one of these decks at a half price books for under $10. and so I went there today to see if it was still there. It was and so Kitty Kahane came home with me today along with arcus arcanum(which was also under $10) tarot deck.

Half-Price Books over here has had both of those decks for a while as well; several copies, in fact. I think they're down to a couple of each now.

This thread is tempting me on the Kitty Kahane, which reminds me a little bit of the PoMo due to the style.

(I saw a PoMo at half-price today, but it was such a physically large deck, I knew I'd never use it so I didn't buy it. Did the PoMo only come super-sized?)

kaleanna

rif said:
PoMo at half-price today, but it was such a physically large deck, I knew I'd never use it so I didn't buy it. Did the PoMo only come super-sized?)

what is PoMo????

kaleanna

gregory

It is a deck called - PoMo. Kitty is WAY better. :)

kaleanna

oh ok, Thanks gregory

:)