Knight of Cups or Knight of Wands?

Bronwyn1

Excellent advice!

clarity

You guys are too funny. Without these knight traits it can be DIY in every sense.

Fudugazi said:
When a man - and often a woman! - falls in love, he's always a Knight of Cups and Wands combined. Afterwards - well, it depends how mature the person really is, and how deep the love, as to how it gets expressed in the long term.

Just because a person doesn't stick around doesn't make them a bad person.

And as Heavensent wrote - let's also see the positives in all these traits. Who doesn't like to be swept off her feet every now and then? Or are you all dullards who'd rather be romanced with a tumble dryer and a trip to the DIY store?

A real person - as opposed to an archetype - will have combinations of all knights, kings and queens in varying degrees. Too little Knight of Cups or Wands will mean the guy is a pretty dull dog, let's be frank. Too much - well, better be ready to earn the beans yourself and buy a few hankies.

So important to keep in mind, thank you for that! Yes its easy to see the cons but they have their positives too. Just hope there are some other grounding factors if you want them to stick around.

Bronwyn1

We still have to remember they're still only knights though, and their level of maturity is questionable. sighhhh

Apocalipstick

Well, immature really is more up to what the person does, than the type of person or archetype a card describes.

Yes, usually Kings and Queens, if representing people, will refer to more mature individuals, while Knights and Page are thought to show at least some level of immaturity.

This can certainly work, but every court card has a range of meaning, and it can run the gamut from mature to immature.

Knights tend to be on the go. They're essentially questing. Searching for something, questing -- as a focus -- does not equate immaturity IMO.

Rin

Questing for the dragon or the girl. Oh, what a life.

I've looked through all the replies, and I'd say my choice was already stated: I couldn't choose either. I've had the love em or hate em types, but never left. I've had the accusingly wrong and the justly jealous. I've had.. some watery guys. The man I am dating now, for instance, is a very watery person, even though he is right on the cusp of Leo/Cancer. He's a watery person, while I'm a very earthy person ... who has her head in the clouds too much far too often (a tarot study I did in The Elements of Four by Deborah Lipp picked out the Page of Swords (Air) for me.. which is quite accurate).

But yeah.. I couldn't choose either.

Raelyn

The first time I ever shuffled my deck the Knight of Swords popped out. Just couldn't wait, I guess! :D

What is it with these knights? I've been pulling them out of the deck left and right lately. Apparently I'm soon going to be bombarded by young men. *looks around* Well, bring em on! :D