La Corte dei Tarocchi

Le Fanu

What a wonderful, thorough and balanced review...

SolSionnach

Bravo Kat. Very very nice! You *should* be proud of that. :)

thorhammer

Thanks, all :) I agonised over it to make it balanced :D
The crowned one said:
So you are liking the deck? I knew you would ;)

I do not recall who I got it from...but it was here, a member who felt value was less important then love of the deck. I feel the same way ;) Seems it found the right home. I loved it but did not use it. You will !
I do, TCO, I love it. I don't think that it's that expensive a deck, either, for what it is, and one day soon I'll be getting a second copy to keep as mint, then I'll feel even freer to manhandle this one with all the tough love in the world!

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

I've started with the gold paint.

:bugeyed:

These cards look stunning with the gold sparkle on them! I've done five . . . slowly, slowly . . .

I'm so glad the backs don't have gold accents :D

\m/ Kat

Kissa

OK lady Kat, I KNOW you won't scan and show. I understand...

Now I have read through this old thread that I started many years ago. I, of course, traded my first copy of the Corte... to Strange2 a looooong time ago... anyway, I am expecting a new copy soon :)

I was thinking of putting gold paint (of course, master! ANTIQUE gold or just gold gold????) and round the corners. After more time spent watching the scans though, I realized how totally inappropriate it would be. Hard to explain... I think those cards are just meant to be long and not rounded. Anyway, with no extra card (title card or so) provided with the deck, I wouldn't have taken the risk of rounding any corner.

VoilĂ , I just wanted to share my excitement of getting this gorgeous deck back in my collection soon! Yeah yeah thanks Seeker*13* for yet ANOTHER wonderful trade :)

ETA: your review is excellent, Kat. It added even more excitement to my "It's Christmas this week if the post office is efficient" feeling :)

blue_fusion

Has anyone else noticed the "ribbed" pinstripey texture in the card faces? Makes the deck even more interesting. It's the only deck I've encountered that has that.

Greg Stanton

Must be printed on laid paper.

Cassandra022

felt like reviving a decrepit thread to say...

my second week working with this deck and I heartily disagree with anyone who would say that this cannot be a reading deck.

shuffling is trickier, and i've modified how i draw cards for the reading to account for that, but do-able, and worth it.

the art is charming. reads wells. the texture is...nice. interesting.

i love the elongated shape of these cards.

Nerys

I am posting in this revived decrepit thread to say that this has totally enabled me and I'm planning to order later today. It'll be my second Il Meneghello deck (first one being the Soprafino) - very exciting! (just as I had promised to give my credit card a rest, too)