La Corte dei Tarocchi

Greg Stanton

This has become one of my very favorite decks, and I think it's one of the most beautiful ever made.

SolSionnach

felt like reviving a decrepit thread to say...my second week working with this deck and I heartily disagree with anyone who would say that this cannot be a reading deck.... the texture is...nice. interesting..
I've never tried reading with it, though I know that Lee Bursten did so for a while when it first came out. I'd be afraid of damaging mine. But I <3 LOVE <3 it, and will never willingly part with it!
I am posting in this revived decrepit thread to say that this has totally enabled me and I'm planning to order later today. It'll be my second Il Meneghello deck (first one being the Soprafino) - very exciting! (just as I had promised to give my credit card a rest, too)
Good choice! Have a look at the also amazing Swiss TdM (1804). Gateway deck to TdM reprints (vs. renovations)
This has become one of my very favorite decks, and I think it's one of the most beautiful ever made.
+1000

Londubh

I am posting in this revived decrepit thread to say that this has totally enabled me and I'm planning to order later today. It'll be my second Il Meneghello deck (first one being the Soprafino) - very exciting! (just as I had promised to give my credit card a rest, too)

It is a lovely deck, it is the first Il Meneghello deck I purchased. I adore mine.

Nerys

Bumping to say... yes, I ordered! I'm terribly excited. Also I had such a pleasant email exchange with someone at Il Meneghello about it! It was shipped yesterday so it should be here... who knows when.

Londubh

Congratulations! It is a lovely package to receive in the post.

Nerys

Another small bump because I'm excited - my Corte dei Tarocchi arrived today! It's gooooorrrgeous. I have only had time to look through once but I am skipping it to the front of my deck of the week queue!

SolSionnach

Another small bump because I'm excited - my Corte dei Tarocchi arrived today! It's gooooorrrgeous. I have only had time to look through once but I am skipping it to the front of my deck of the week queue!
:thumbsup: :party: :D

Gulliver

Is somebody reading with this deck regularly? I'm thinking about purchasing, but I want to read with it. How is it to read with these cards and how will the cards develop through continuing usage? Somebody described (in this thread) the thickness and mentioned 5 cm. Is it approximately correct?

agviz

I've tried to shuffle this deck and I can't pull it off. It's really a brick.

But I'm with Nerys; I find the artwork very endearing, and the texture of the cards is rich! I'm really glad I have it and maybe someday I'll figure out a way to shuffle it. One method might be to swirl the cards into a pool - I haven't tried that yet with this deck.

nisaba

<thoughtfully> Five centimetres is very, very thick.

But what the hey, I can shuffle the Cary-Yale Visconti even with my stubby little hands (Gregory, why did we do no Tarot work when you were around???), so it seems quite possible to me.

I'm not in an immediate rush to buy it, but if it were to fall into my lap I certainly wouldn't say no. <grin>