learning tarot brought you some psychic development?

ivanna

I finished my first tarot book, a guide for newbies written by Ellershaw thak liked me very much.
In the early chapters is written that is very usually that people who learns tarot starts to develope psychic skills.
I would like to know if that,s true, if that happened to you and what happened.
Im very intrigated.
I have started this completely new path for me. I was educated on a catholic family, but I was agnostic for many times. At the moment I do not haave any psychic skill, no one in my family has, and no one uses tarot. So, no families inheritances in that way... what a pitty.
In fact no one in my family knows that im learning tarot.
So I,m the first
II would like to know your experiences, thanks

MissNine

I have the book and learned on it too! Love it!

Yes, my dreams totally increased once I started reading tarot. I will say that my mom has had dreams that are psychic and I have had them before too. But, the frequency of my psychic dreams increased since learning the tarot. I think it's because you're opening up your mind to the universe and are freer to channel.

ivanna

Yep! This book liked me very much, very friendly explanations. I probably will look for more books of Ellershaw.
I did not have any pshychic dream, or this is what I think, but a very strong feeling about having to speak with my grandad, pased away a year ago. After that tarot conversation, nothing more. I think he wanted to comunicate with me, after that, he has gone, I did't feel again this feeling.

Richard

I'm not familiar with the Ellershaw book, but it was the opinion of such Tarot gurus as A. Crowley and P. F. Case that the practice of Tarot divination can help develop one's psychic abilities.

Cenozoic

I have clairsentience and empathy, yet I'm sure no one else in my family has it. I am also the first in my family to use tarot ever. There is no one else in my family, or my relatives, who use tarot. So I am an odd one I guess!

I would say tarot "hinted" at my psychic ability. I wasn't aware I had one. But from how I read and got information, it gave me big clues as to what gift I had. Every reading had something to do with "feeling" information. And then from that I looked into it further.

But yes, reading tarot did bring me many insights about my abilities and gifts! So if you feel like learning tarot is right for you, just go with it. It will give you many insights too I'm sure. :D

Chronata

You can absolutely develop psychic leanings after studying and using tarot.

When I started, I was about as psychic as a brick.

But lots of card and oracle reading, and trying and learning new things, made me trust the pictures and thoughts that came into my head.

Sad, that it took me 15 years before I realized I was actually psychic!
I can see things when I read, and tune into emotions, and thoughts. Occasionally I will blurt out something strange, and seemingly non consequential, that happens to be spot on.

Now over 25 years of reading...and I am still not where I would like to be as a "psychic", but I also feel there is still so much to learn about tarot, and I am still curious about it all!

danieljuk

This definitely happened for me. I was sceptical about everyone being a little psychic and the intuition thing. However after learning the basics of tarot and trying to use intuition more, I randomly started to get audio messages when looking at cards. It's completely random and not scary in anyway, just a few words or message when looking at a card. I picked a card for me and it told me it was for someone else I knew about their business! it was completely right.

This never happened in my life before but this is a new skill and will be interesting to see where it goes :) I am not sure it's the tarot or being more open. Suddenly I am more receptive but the tarot is a process which allows it to happen. I think the rest of my life I was just never open to them!

ivanna

Great, thank you for sharing your experiences!

celticnoodle

not familiar with Ellershaw's book either, but I do agree that this will occur. I believe using any divination method will soon help you to develop psychic abilities. Just patience and learning to believe in yourself and relying on your gut instincts are required.

Sibylline

Yep! This book liked me very much, very friendly explanations. I probably will look for more books of Ellershaw.
I did not have any pshychic dream, or this is what I think, but a very strong feeling about having to speak with my grandad, pased away a year ago. After that tarot conversation, nothing more. I think he wanted to comunicate with me, after that, he has gone, I did't feel again this feeling.

Looks like you trusted your instincts with using tarot to help communicate with your grandfather, and that's a good thing.

I became more intuitive when I began reading professionally. I'm clairvoyant and clairaudient, but that seemed to get stronger the more I read for other people. When reading my own cards, it seems to fall flat.

In my experience, it's not unusual for a dead relative to pop in during a reading to say hello. Sometimes, they even interrupt readings so they can have a chance to talk to the living. When a loved one comes through during a reading, I'll tell the querant what I see and what I hear (sometimes it sounds like the craziest thing to me, but makes perfect sense to the querant). Moments like that are so precious because that can be healing for whoever I'm doing a reading for.

I hope your tarot conversation with your grandfather was healing for you :) Good luck in your tarot studies!