Lo Scarabeo's RWS Tarot/Centenary Special

MissChiff

I'm really into it... Where is the place to buy??

Terrapin

Amazon: type in Pamela Colman Smith Lo Scarabeo. Seller is 'find something different.'

FLizarraga

Reviving this for a bit. Found another UK eBay seller who seems to be selling the real McCoy --the nice original iteration of this deck, and could not resist temptation. Keeping my fingers crossed...

Aeric

Just to confirm, on Ebay (not Amazon) "findsomethingdifferent2011" is really selling the new recoloured edition, even though they feature pics from the first multilingual edition in the ad? Is this correct?

FLizarraga

Just to confirm, on Ebay (not Amazon) "findsomethingdifferent2011" is really selling the new recoloured edition, even though they feature pics from the first multilingual edition in the ad? Is this correct?

That's correct, Aeric. The one who may or may not selling the original multilingual one is "twofeathersnativestore."

ETA. This seller seems to be a brick-and-mortar as well. And they feature three gigantic images of the cards with multilingual borders and the real Smith drawings --I took the time to compare them before hitting the "Buy Now" button.

Terrapin

I bought my new colored edition from"findsomethingdifferent2011" on Amazon--their US site. Maybe they have an ebay site too?

Aeric

I bought my new colored edition from"findsomethingdifferent2011" on Amazon--their US site. Maybe they have an ebay site too?
Yes it's likely the same party. I don't suppose asking them to update their ad photos for clarity would be a bad idea?

stellar4

Aeric, when I bought my new edition, rather than the original one shown in their photos, I contacted the seller and explained the discrepancy. Someone called 'Tobi' replied and agreed that they needed to update their listing and photos to prevent any further confusion.
Nothing happened.
A while later I received their generic form wanting feedback for the Ebay transaction. Rather than leave negative feedback I contacted them again, reminded them of what they had said they would do and that to leave it as it is was not a good way to do business.
Then.... nothing. To this day I've received no reply and the listing remains the same despite them knowing that the deck shown is not what their customers actually receive.
I think it might have been RW Carter earlier in the thread who described this practice as 'Bait and Switch'.
With these sellers I am minded to agree.
It might be good if other people reminded them that the deck they are selling is not the one pictured and it would be more honest if they did as they had actually said they would and sort out this listing. Don't hold your breath though....

Aeric

I received the 2nd CRW today. I really like these!

With their size, they're definitely the "Euro" version of the RWS, like putting Waite on Marseille cards. Oh gosh the backs, such a simple cosmetic change, but SO gorgeous.

I think of these as a better remake of the Original Rider-Waite: Pam-C line art with superior colouring, and just enough subtle shadowing to not make the figures completely flat, which I don't like about the 1st CRW.

I'm definitely going to use these as my Waite when my good old Universal Waite isn't to hand.