Lo Scarabeo's RWS Tarot/Centenary Special

FLizarraga

Reviving this for a bit. Found another UK eBay seller who seems to be selling the real McCoy --the nice original iteration of this deck, and could not resist temptation. Keeping my fingers crossed...

That's correct, Aeric. The one who may or may not selling the original multilingual one is "twofeathersnativestore."

ETA. This seller seems to be a brick-and-mortar as well. And they feature three gigantic images of the cards with multilingual borders and the real Smith drawings --I took the time to compare them before hitting the "Buy Now" button.

Just reporting back, since I got my deck today. This seller, who is ALSO a UK seller, is ALSO advertising the original (with HUGE pictures of the multilingual cards) and ALSO actually selling the redrawn monstrosity. Which I liked well enough, but not so much that I need an extra. So I just sent him an angry email. *sigh*

Emily

Even on the Lo Scarabeo site if you search this deck out you get the images of the first edition for sale. I don't understand why they don't change the images to the second edition because that is what you get if you order - surely it's false advertising? I still don't like this second version and would be very unhappy to receive it instead of the deck pictured on the Lo Scarabeo site.

agviz

Maybe it's worth a try posting an ISO on the trading forum?

gregory

Even on the Lo Scarabeo site if you search this deck out you get the images of the first edition for sale. I don't understand why they don't change the images to the second edition because that is what you get if you order - surely it's false advertising? I still don't like this second version and would be very unhappy to receive it instead of the deck pictured on the Lo Scarabeo site.
That's odd. As until they set up their new site, they WERE showing the red/black backed one. I know the new site was a headache for them, and I guess this slipped. I shall email someone....

agviz

I think I'll try that. You did it and got lucky, I know. :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. And believe me, it's hard to type this with crossed fingers.

Emily

I feel lucky to have my first version - my only regret is not getting a backup copy of it, I thought it would be around for a long time but I'm not going to search a second copy out.

I don't like the way Lo Scarabeo have got this second version out with the box looking so similar to the first version and the same ISBN. It's as though they sneaked it out and thought no one would notice the difference?

agviz

...It's as though they sneaked it out and thought no one would notice the difference?

They made a mistake by doing that. As you say, it's as though they thought no one would notice. Having bought the deck directly from LoS, I contacted them three times about the discrepancy and to request a return. And they never got back to me.

gregory

I got email back saying that they are closed for the holiday (an Italian one, you know). But the last time I asked, they just said that they had switched printer after the first batch - maybe they didn't actually SEE....

As soon as I get an answer I'll be back - won't be before Wednesday though.

[FONT=&quot]this is an automatic reply. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Lo Scarabeo offices are closed for festivities on Monday, December 7th and on Tuesday, December 8th.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We'll be back on the 9th. I'll be reading my email but likely I won't be able to reply until then.[/FONT]
(This is NOT Ric, by the way ! I asked him a while ago, and as he says - as an editor, it isn't his area of knowledge ! but he would have edited his auto response to take out December !!!!!)

Emily

I got email back saying that they are closed for the holiday (an Italian one, you know). But the last time I asked, they just said that they had switched printer after the first batch - maybe they didn't actually SEE.

So they think that people might be complaining about badly printed ie defective decks and not the fact that the whole deck has changed?