looking for a new deck

staleair

So I want to buy a new deck, as I am kind of bored with the two I have now. I'm looking for something similar to the rider-waite as far as artwork goes, but I want a more toned down color scheme. I like the feel of older style decks. Any opinions or decks you think I should look into? Thanks! :)

staleair

I have been thinking about the harmonious tarot?

bogiesan

So I want to buy a new deck, as I am kind of bored with the two I have now. I'm looking for something similar to the rider-waite as far as artwork goes, but I want a more toned down color scheme. I like the feel of older style decks. Any opinions or decks you think I should look into? Thanks! :)

Search the tarot cards section of the site for Waite Clones. Dozens are listed with links to sample cards.

aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/rider-waite-clone.shtml

(Every time I use that section of the site I want to say thanks to all the folks who have scanned cards and curated the links.)

nisaba

ooo - there are hundreds, possibly over a thousand, that meet your stated criteria in the first post.

Are there any colours you particularly like or don't like?

nisaba

I see on your tarot wishlist

Hell, yeah! If you have a wish-list worked out and you're bored with your current decks, now is the PERFECT time to shop from your wish-list!

Devona

advice

Facade.com has twenty decks you can pick from to do free readings. You can see their imagery and see what feels right to you.

DavidMcCann

This is a great place to browse cards by type, with Waite-Smith clones right at the beginning:
http://www.albideuter.de/html/kartendecks.html
My favourite is the Universal Waite, with the outlines re-coloured in pencil. The colours are harmonious and really bring out the details.

mrpants

If you can find one, I think you would like the Royal Fez Moroccan. There is one on Ebay for $95 right now, but you might be able to find a cheaper one here at the Forum!