Lovers and 2 Cups

WolfSwan

Does this always mean a relationship? I've been getting these cards frequently in relation to someone.

What other interpretations are there of these two cards? The person is an ex, so yes there was love once, and yes he is technically a soulmate, but there is no longer contact or any desire for a relationship on my part.

The reason I've been asking around this is because a friend of his contacted me out of the blue and aspect me to catch up. So I was trying to figure out why without getting mixed up in a situation and going to catch up.

Lovers to me (Gilded Tarot) is about soul connection, divine love, communion, communication, heart based choices, understanding, uplifting, emotional depth. The card is beautiful with a man lifting a woman out of the water towards a glowing orb of golden light whilst dolphins frolic around the couple. The hues are pink and orange and violet and blue.

2 Cups is about communion, psychic connections, soulmates, deep bonds of friendship. The card has two people who mirror each other (looking at each other) with golden white light connecting their 3rd eyes, and the 2 cups in the foreground with water in the horizon. This is emotional depth, psychic connection, soul connections.

I'd like other interpretations that may not be romantic and would explain why they are in basically every reading I've done about him, and where our relationship might be headed, and what's coming up for us.

Laurelle

I love the gilded tarot deck. The lovers card in that deck is beautiful.

I would guess based on what you wrote that you will end up getting back together with him. I know you said that you wouldn't, but sometimes what we think we want now isn't what will happen later.

Though, I get the Lovers and 2 of Cups all the time to express business partnerships. That's another take for sure.

WolfSwan

I love the gilded tarot deck. The lovers card in that deck is beautiful.

I would guess based on what you wrote that you will end up getting back together with him. I know you said that you wouldn't, but sometimes what we think we want now isn't what will happen later.

Though, I get the Lovers and 2 of Cups all the time to express business partnerships. That's another take for sure.

I do love this deck, although I'm looking for a second deck exclusively for my own readings and I'm struggling to find one which resonates as much as the imagery on this one! There are so many out there, but I like seeing them and going through the cards before I decide normally.

Anyway, as for the Lovers and 2 Cups...I really honestly don't think it's spelling reunion for us for a multitude of other reasons. I do like the idea of business partnership (not with this person) but it would explain why I've seen it in general readings for myself as I have recently started my own business!

WolfSwan

I'm away this weekend with family so if there are other comments, rest assured I'll be back to feedback on it Sunday evening / Monday my time as I'm not sure what the internet connection is like where I'm going!

Belladiamond

I always feel that The Lovers is that attraction, the giddy feeling you get and the Two of Cups is the next stage, not as romantic but commitment. :)

WolfSwan

I always feel that The Lovers is that attraction, the giddy feeling you get and the Two of Cups is the next stage, not as romantic but commitment. :)

I've been getting these two cards a lot, but currently don't have anyone in my life that's a protective partner. I was surprised that I've gotten it a few times in relation to my ex but there is definitely not going to be a reunion between the two of us, so I was wondering what else it could mean.

Absynthe

I've been getting these two cards a lot, but currently don't have anyone in my life that's a protective partner. I was surprised that I've gotten it a few times in relation to my ex but there is definitely not going to be a reunion between the two of us, so I was wondering what else it could mean.

Could just be a heads up. I started getting both of these cards almost a year ago, so far, still no relationship. I thought one was going to happen, turns out not. To be honest I'm not all that jazzed about these cards anyway. I had both for my previous relationship which turned out to be the worst relationship to date and ended badly. So....

laurence

Wolfswan,

It could be the friend of his who tries to catch up. what's about him?

Honestly, the whole reading might be helpful. Lovers and 2 of cups are not always about relationships but apparently you've asked about a specific person intentions so beware of the surrounding cards.

gregory

I agree with laurence. I see Lovers as much more about choice anyway - and two cups can be as much about good friendship OR a sudden attraction - that is never acted upon.

I saw your reading - and I think there is probably nothing more to it than a wish to catch up - though I do wonder if there is a specific (and it wouldn't be LOVE related IMHO !) reason the guy wants to catch up. I actually wondered at the time (as he is so much older) if he's ill, and making amends all over the place ?