Lovers and 2 Cups

SweetSiren

I had two of cups show up for me as a date. It was a blind date, really just seeing what was up with this person. No sparks of any kind and we went our separate ways right after.

So, two of cups can simply mean just meeting up with someone for a relaxed chat, one on one time. I think this is about the friend, not necessarily your ex. And with the Lovers comes big choices. I think the meetup will have you reflecting on the different paths you chose to take in life, and thinking about setting your sails for future choices. With both of these cards present, your thoughts will be on the choices you made in love.

WolfSwan

I do tend to think that the cards might be exaggerating in some aspects what these two cards mean in reality if that makes sense.

These cards have come up for "What does J (ex) want from me" as well as randomly when I ask for general guidance. 2 Cups has been in the Outcome position quite a bit too, but I tend to agree that it could just be a heads up or even a date (not that I've had any) like you've said SweetSiren.

Laurence and gregory - I do agree with the choice aspect, although this isn't as prominent in the Lovers in the Gilded Tarot deck.

Laurence, I don't think anything will happen with that ex's friend honestly because I haven't replied to the last message he sent over a week ago.

Funnily enough though, ANOTHER friend of J's has been calling me (I haven't picked up the phone) and when I asked the cards what he wanted (5 card spread) 2 of Cups was the last one.

Alta thanks for the link, I'll have a read through.

Absynthe - I sure hope that the next relationship is awesome instead of a total fail, but perhaps that was because they were karmic and hand something to teach you. With Judgement I see the 2 of Cups as a karmic relationship.

SweetSiren

Reading your last reply... Maybe they all liked you and are now pouncing?

Two of Cups would be indicative of a little crush. I mean, if it feels a little weird that they're contacting you, then there's probably a weird reason behind it.

With the Lovers card. This may not help your particular reading but this is how I've experienced it. I've had it come to me in readings about a guy I dated for a short amount of time that went nowhere fast, and it never showed up while I dated someone for two years.

And here's the difference: The person I dated for two years, he could text me now and it'd be very easy for me to brush it aside if that's what I wanted to do. But the person I dated for a short amount of time, if he texted me now, I'd feel like I'm back in it, it'd hit me like it did the first time. I definitely love the person I was with longer much more. I'll always care. But the other one just gets to me, makes me feel things I didn't know I could feel.

WolfSwan

Reading your last reply... Maybe they all liked you and are now pouncing?

Two of Cups would be indicative of a little crush. I mean, if it feels a little weird that they're contacting you, then there's probably a weird reason behind it.

With the Lovers card. This may not help your particular reading but this is how I've experienced it. I've had it come to me in readings about a guy I dated for a short amount of time that went nowhere fast, and it never showed up while I dated someone for two years.

And here's the difference: The person I dated for two years, he could text me now and it'd be very easy for me to brush it aside if that's what I wanted to do. But the person I dated for a short amount of time, if he texted me now, I'd feel like I'm back in it, it'd hit me like it did the first time. I definitely love the person I was with longer much more. I'll always care. But the other one just gets to me, makes me feel things I didn't know I could feel.

Haha! One is happily married and old enough to be my ex's father (my ex was 6 years old than me!) and the other...well, maybe but I always made it clear that I didn't see him that way.

As for the Lovers card, I think this resonates. J is a soulmate, someone I've had many a lifetime with and therefore our connection is deep. I've never felt about anyone the way I did about him. I can't even describe what it's like being in a relationship with someone you share such a strong connection with. That being said the relationship was karmic and unhealthy and I'm glad I've broken that pattern and moved on. I'll always care about him, but I'll never go back - if he did contact me however I can imagine it would be like being right back where we were so I'm grateful that in all his selfishness he's never tried to contact me!