major and minor card reading

Anne-Marie Canny

Hi Ya

How lovely to find a site with the opportunity to be with a blend of people who are all in some way interested in Tarot.

My name is Anne-Marie and I am a professional Tarot reader I have loved Tarot for many years.

I am very different in my readings because I always divide the deck into a major and minor split .
I then always shuffle both decks and choose a major and a minor card , for example if I use a celtic cross I would put out both the major and the minor for each place in the spread.

This helps work out the subject and how you are then being affected by the minor card .

So it works that you feed the minor inflence into the major for a really accurate reading .

Moonbow

Hello Anne-Marie

Welcome to Aeclectic and the Tarot Spreads forum.

That's an interesting way to spread the cards out and I've done a similar thing with Tarot and an Oracle card. Thanks for this.

You may also like to introduce yourself in New Members

Moonbow*

sunanda gulati

Welcome Anne-Marie

It is indeed a beautiful site & lot to learn from here.

Welcome

Sunanda

chrisam-crystals

what an unusual way to do a reading....i have never thought of doing it that way.

welcome to the forum btw.

jue xx

nikkeihime

I am just a beginner and starting to experiment with spreads. I really like your method. I'm going to try it when I get a chance to spend some time with my deck. Thanks for sharing it! :)

Teheuti

Anne-Marie Canny said:
I then always shuffle both decks and choose a major and a minor card , for example if I use a celtic cross I would put out both the major and the minor for each place in the spread.
Very interesting that you do this since this is the way that the very first tarot reading ever recorded was done. The first recorded spread was by the Comte de Mellet in an essay appended to the one by Antoine Court de Gébelin in _Le Monde Primitif_ (1781). In the essay, de Mellet created a position for each image in a dream. Using a process of counting off cards, a Major and a Minor Arcana card were put in each position and from these the dream was interpreted. I've used this technique quite a few times for various questions and spreads and had very powerful readings. BTW, the dream was Pharaoh's from the Bible that was interpreted by Joseph.

Mary