medical uses of Calcite and other crystals

Padma

I found all this very interesting indeed! I have not had time to read everything yet but I sure will. What a nice thread. Thank you for starting this LP :)

Thanks Hemera :) I found this study to be a lot of fun because I am learning so much! It is good to know the scientific properties of crystals as well as the metaphysical properties ascribed to them.

The thing I did find odd is the lack of studies. Because of this lack, and until definitive clinical research becomes a) available and b) conclusive, the use of crystals for healing purposes cannot be ruled out.

ETA - However, I do encourage *everyone* to use their common sense and to consult a certified professional physician if they are ill, and to use stones only as a complementary medicine, (but not ingested! Please do not eat ground crystals nor drink elixirs) as there is no proof that they actually DO work to heal anything, beyond what government-approved uses have already been made of them (Tums, for example.)

Perhaps, much as in divination and Tarot, the answer lies within our intuition! And if that is the case, then my intuition, at least, is definitely prompting me to use them. ;)