Medications?

SkadisPhoenix

hunter said:
Do small spreads.

This is something that I've been trying and still found hard, but hopefully if I do the things that you're suggesting, it'll get easier! :D

hunter said:
Try some healing rituals or spells with the cards instead of reading with them. The spell instructions will tell you which cards to use. Learn to use colored candles and herbs and other props.

Could you point me in the direction of good books or websites where I can find out information about this sort of thing please?

hunter said:
Study a bit about altars and including more ritual in your readings. Maybe search for little figurines. I have 2 right now. A little Willendorf goddess and a red jasper horse. When I'm having I really hard day, I ask the goddess to give me a card for the day (I use a regular tarot deck). I ask the animal spirits to send me 2 animals to guide me for the day, one for my left side and one for my right side (Animal-wise tarot).

That is something I have been planning on getting, figurines. I was sorely tempted by a plastic giraffe to just start me off, but I didn't have the cash on me. :( I want to somehow find a statuette of Skadi, but nobody seems to know who she is. :(

hunter said:
Play solitaire with your deck.

This is probably me being REALLY dumb, but how do I do that? Take out the majors and the pages? Or is there more to it than that?

hunter said:
Have you read Jean Auel's series that starts with clan of the cavebear. A lot of people find the series a great example of a comforting spirituality. It's an easy read but still includes some deep stuff about nature, herbs, spirituality, and people in general.
I've not heard of it at all, I'm afraid, but it sounds like the sort of thing that I'd be VERY interested in, I've been having nightly dreams about animals lately, and want to learn more... :)

Wendywu

Well I'm alive, and my last scan was completely clear....

I had a couple of major operations followed by several months of chemo. Yep I felt dreadful at times but now - well, I feel great. I feel like I think I used to (can't quite remember lol)

Like I say, I'm stuck with some permanent medical conditions but they're a small price to pay and I am immensely grateful to the surgical and medical teams who sorted me out (and who provide ongoing care).

I've been exceptionally lucky, and I am grateful. I also realise that the experience has been good for me in many ways and I would not go back and change things, even if I could.

SkadisPhoenix

I think I'd have to agree with you, it may not be anything compared to what you have said, but being like this HAS given me the chance to be selfish for once. :)

Wendywu

With me it gave me the chance to change pespective. I've always, all my life, been very fit (aside from the epilepsy, which I've never seen as an illness but just as a part of me). Being ill made me think, and taught me a lot about pain and strength and how incredibly kind people can be.

I met some wonderful people, all in my boat or worse. Some of them aren't around any more but we had some real fun together. Their strength helped me - and I hope that I pass it on. There is a little group of us at work, all cancer survivors, and we meet up and chat sometimes.

I grew, a lot and I think that without the cancer I wouldn't have. Also, the ongoing medical problems are teaching me in their way and although to an outsider they sound pretty yucky to live with, they're not really.

My cancer brought my sister and I back together and gave us a deeper relationship than ever before - I am hugely grateful for that.

My husband and I grew together because he was my carer - now we have to adapt again to my being well. It's good for us. We learned together and fought together :)

MysticalMoose

Good news about your scan Wendy! :party:

I take prescription painkillers tablets for my cracked & compressed vertebrae & they also help with the recurring bouts of Glandular Fever that I get fairly often. The medication itself doesn't interfere with my readings but if I am feeling particularly down or in pain from my back injury then I cannot give 100% to a reading & so refrain from reading for others. On these off days I still read for myself but I am never as clear in my interpretations, so more often than not I'll just shuffle & perhaps draw one card for the day :)...The Altar idea I would say is a good one, I find my Altar to be very therapeutic & rearrange it often according to my feelings & needs as time passes....

SkadisPhoenix

The altar is actually something that I've been putting off and off. Mainly because I don't want to push it onto my EXTREMELY catholic boyfriend. Which, seeing as he's told me that he'd like to have a pagan hand-fasting ceremony as well as a Catholic service when we get married is very silly of me, I know, but I still am really cautious, as my ex would start really big arguments with me about tarot. :(

I think it's time to stop putting it off... *nods*

MysticalMoose

Well your Altar doesn't have to contain anything particularly "controversial" :) It can be as simple as a picture you like ( I have one of a the sea going into a cave) you could just have flowers, a candle or two (or more!) leaves, crystals, a figurine that means something to you...its such a personal choice :) I also have a wooden box that is kind of a portable altar, it goes on holiday with me...it contains a few crystals, a set of Wicca Pack cards, 2 mini candles in jars with lids, a tiny incense burner & a few important photos, a pendulum & a tiny singing bowl..when I am away I can open it in privacy & spend a while with my thoughts with it... My Altars are a real source of comfort to me :)

:love: MM

ilweran

SkadisPhoenix said:
This is something that I've been trying and still found hard, but hopefully if I do the things that you're suggesting, it'll get easier! :D

Could you do small spreads and leave them out so you could come back to them later> That helped me.

This is probably me being REALLY dumb, but how do I do that? Take out the majors and the pages? Or is there more to it than that?

I've played solitaire with mine. I left the pages in but took out the majors.

MysticalMoose said:
I also have a wooden box that is kind of a portable altar, it goes on holiday with me...it contains a few crystals, a set of Wicca Pack cards, 2 mini candles in jars with lids, a tiny incense burner & a few important photos, a pendulum & a tiny singing bowl..when I am away I can open it in privacy & spend a while with my thoughts with it

Wow that's almost exactly the same as mine, I just don't have the singing bowl or photos- I have a mini athame (aka a letter opener) and a small moss agate bowl and some salt and a sea shell. And matches to light the incense and candles. Oh, and most importantly a small statue of Bast.

SkadisPhoenix

There is actually a box that I have been wanting to get for a good two years, one of those black pewter style ones, from pagan-magic, tree of life on it, and dragons. Something about it is just so right. Lord I sound daft! :p

A wooden box for travelling also sounds like something that would be an idea. I may not visit MY family, but M's family is lovely, and on the other coast, so having an altar box for taking with me to theirs would be helpful... :D

MysticalMoose

SkadisPhoenix said:
There is actually a box that I have been wanting to get for a good two years, one of those black pewter style ones, from pagan-magic, tree of life on it, and dragons. Something about it is just so right. Lord I sound daft! :p

I think thats exactly the same as the a box that I have that sits on my desk at the moment, it has the tree of life with a dragon either side & at the moment my Steele Wizard Deck is living in it! I love it & sometimes it sits on my Altar too :)

ETA: This is like mine ~ is it this one??? :)

Attachments

• mybox.jpg
    mybox.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 50