Medications?

SkadisPhoenix

Oh yes, that's the one. :D It's just so beautiful. Plus it has the purple gemstone type things in the lid, and purple is my favourite colour, always has been. :D

I'm seriously considering buying that and a couple of pendants from this Pagan Magic place next time my disability comes through. SO naughty of me, I have to pay uni a lot of money, but yeah... :p

MysticalMoose

I agree I fell in love with it when I saw it in a shop near where I live & just had to have it!!! & it's still one of my favourite possessions. :)...Maybe if you get it & set up your own "little area" even on the days you don't feel like reading you can still have some special time with your altar :)

:love:

SkadisPhoenix

I reckon so. :D Thank you! :D

Taamar

My daily meds don't affect my tarot reading at all, but when I get a cold or allergies the Benadryl makes me a froot loop, and not just about the cards. For the most part I avoid anything that requires thought while taking antihistimines (they say 'avoid operating heavy machinery', after all).

It's a good time to read the companion books, though.

SkadisPhoenix

They put that "do not operate heavy machinery" on kids medicine as well, which makes me giggle.

The companion book thing is something that I do a lot anyway, especially my Llewellyn Tarot Companion book. It's fascinating. :D I have a couple of other tarot books which I also try and read a lot too. :D It's not something I'd thought of though, specifically for days like this, it's something I will definately remember. :D

hunter

SkadisPhoenix, I'm new to so much of this myself. A couple good starter books on tarot rituals are "Tarot Spells", "Everyday Tarot Magic" and "The Tarot Spellcaster".

There is a huge online community for the Jean Auel books where you could ask about your animal dreams.
http://ecfans.com/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi

I play solitaire playing Klondike. I just make a discard pile for the majors and discard them as they come up. It works fine using 4 court cards instead of 3 with no problems. I alternate long skinny suits with short round ones. So wands and swords alternate with cups and pentacles.

Also check out "Tarot for Everyday" and "Tarot Games".

When I cannot concentrate I need things simpler and to use more of my senses. Feeling the cards and the statues. Smelling herbs. Feeling the heat of the candle.

I have some really severe post trauma symptoms. I seize when I get nervous and I lose the ability to properly make new memories or properly access old ones and lose a lot of my problem solving skills. Self-soothing is critical for me sometimes.

Sometimes study has to be children's books. You can study things like bees, rainbows and clouds or whatever symbols frequently show up on the cards. Sometimes you can borrow documentaries from the library on a topic. Most libraries have interlibrary loan and will get you anything you want. Sometimes it takes traveling to a library in a different town or neighborhood to be able to borrow large amounts of materials without a fuss.

Childrens books on the moon and seasons and crystals and trees will help with rituals.

I find that everything I learn and study in life comes full circle back to tarot. Sometimes I am not directly studying tarot and spending less time with it, but them come back able to read with so much more depth because of my seemingly unrelated studies.

The pagan wheel of the year and the 8 holidays as been very enriching for me. Especially keeping track of what is growing and being harvested throughout the year. A blueberry pie eaten at lughnasadh takes on a whole new meaning. Eating corn on the cob on the night of the full corn moon is something special. And when you see certain plants on the cards they now have personal meaning to you tied to a celebration.

I'm on disability also. I tend to spend my money on cards and other 3 dimensional items and get as many of the books from the library as I can. I store my cards and statues and such in bandanas. I place an item in a corner and then start rolling towards an opposite corner. You will be left with 2 ends that can be tied. Often as I roll I keep adding in items, so only need one bandanna from several items.

The tops of 2 bookcases have become altars, but often I hide some of my new things. My relationship with them is still too new and fragile to want to deal with people's input.

I'm going to look for an end of season picnic basket as a cheap storage item, I think. Many stores are selling all sorts of things cheap as dorm room items, at this time of year too.

For now things are rolled in bandannas and in a $1.00 REI shopping bag :)