Meet your guides: excercise one

214red

OctoberGwen said:
It actually worked! :party:

I chose an acorn as my symbol, because it was the first thing that came into my head. While I was out running errands this afternoon, I looked everywhere, but didn't see any acorns.

Then, about 45 minutes ago, I was sitting here in my chair and looked down to see, right at my feet, a picture of several acorns on the back of my son's copy of the book Chicken Soup With Rice. :D

What a great feeling!! So I thanked my guide(s).
FAB, am glad you saw it so quickly!
An acorn is an interesting symbol, its like an ace its a seed, its something new, be interesting why you picked an acorn because i dont believe in coincidence, next time you see it, look at the context its in
!

214red

Grip Dellabonte said:
First thought that came in my head was a white rose. It was not a real rose, but an illustrated one. I don't know if that makes a difference, but I am going to be on the lookout for ALL white roses this week. :D

Thanks for starting this, 214red. :)
Good luck spotting the rose, an illistrated one is good, because it means you need to see it outside of its natural setting.

Note the fool holds a white rose as he leaps off the cliff, so i wonder if this symbol relates to the fact you which to take the leap of faith?

214red

NorthernTigress said:
This sounds interesting. I've decided that my symbol will be a triangle. I'm going to be very specific that it has to be a true triangle, with three sides. So no arrows, chevrons, zigzags or peaked roofs.

I haven't made the specific "request to my guides" yet. I'll probably do that tonight while I'm meditating, or maybe tomorrow morning.
always remember that just by thinking it they already know you want to see it, the meditating really is for us, so keep your eyes open for the triangle between that time too, and also note which way the triangles face

214red

celticnoodle said:
I have not yet asked my guides, as today was a day filled w/errands and friends and such. so, tonight, I'll start and ask the guides to show them to me, and beginning tomorrow, I'll concentrate on a 50 cent piece! :D

red, i recall that experience you had. I remember you posting something about it here. very cool! my palms have nothing quite so interesting to see like that! lol!

As i said earlier the guides already know it, but meditating and asking means is cemented in our minds really, our guides are close enough to see us all the time, and often they are waiting for this chance:)

the 50 cent is a great idea because its something your invested in, it means something to you:)

I put the note about the palms up so show that sometimes it doesnt happen overnight, and i am a good example of it taking time:)

214red

OctoberGwen said:
We'll see what tomorrow brings. :) I like the idea of starting my day with a quick focus, expressing my wish to see the acorn, and drawing a card to reflect what I need to be aware of.
thats a good idea, the card can help you note where you will see it, what it means

214red

mimiraj said:
I am going with a zebra. I have not yet asked my guide but will do so before going to sleep.
good luck, the zebra you definately dont expect to see whilst going about your business, unless you work in a zoo!

214red

Keavy McGee said:
The 1st thing that came in my mind was a shamrock...but I'm going to be seeing them everywhere this week!!

So now it is a yo-yo!! I will ask my guides tonight before beddy-bye.

Thanks, red, great group and great idea!!

xox

Keavy:heart:

good luck with the yo yo, love that idea!!

214red

Cactus Dahlia said:
I'm looking out for a unicorn.
unicorns are good, i did that once thinking i had foxed my guides, found an article in a newspaper with a picture of a unicorn WTF???? i realised its nice to test them, but be prepared to be surprised!!

good luck

Ambience

Just to ask regards to this exercise. I too want confirmation of my guides.

This exercise sounds very much how the reticular activating system in the brain works and the law of attraction.

A million pound cheque :)

214red

Ambience said:
Just to ask regards to this exercise. I too want confirmation of my guides.

This exercise sounds very much how the reticular activating system in the brain works and the law of attraction.

A million pound cheque :)
Its not anything to do with the brain, your mind can take a walk. The law of the attraction, in its popular form is not really as spirit intended it. The true law of attraction isnt found in a book, its a spiritual law. This excercise to really wake you up to things that are around you all the time, these signs are to show you that your guides are there. The idea of LOA is giving out what you want to attract, but also being what you want to attract, which isnt a simple act, being a mirror you get what you give.....you also have to beleive completely you will get it, that is the hard part because your mind will convince you of lots of things

Manifestation is a great subject and this is something we can try later , but its a really big subject.

If you want a million pound check am sure you can get one, it might be a toy one, or one that can never be cashed, but you can still get one.who would trust a million pounds dropped on a doorstep or put into your bank? If you ask for the assistance or ability to buy a house its more likely that can be done.