Meet your guides: excercise one

214red

you know what i love about this excercise, it makes us understand that we already are very close to our guides, and people always expect that your communication with your guide is like a conversation...

In truth most of us, if we heard voices in our head, would check into the nearest mental ward! We have to start with the small things, and it all falls into place.

I was chatting to my guide Robert (its a name he gave me, i doubt its ever been his name) and he wanted to say that all our guides are never strangers, we feel they are so distant but intruth when we start to get to know them more we know we have experienced them before, they will feel familar. In later excercises thats one of the things you will notice that if its feels familiar its right, because we already agreed to work with these spirits before we were born, if it feels alien then likely its not right.

I am smiling:)

Jack

Can I join in this exercise?

214red

Glass Owl said:
I just realized that the leaf next to the egg sort of looks like an arrow, like its pointing at the egg, doesn't it?
YES it does!!

Glass Owl

Glass Owl said:
I just realized that the leaf next to the egg sort of looks like an arrow, like its pointing at the egg, doesn't it?
214red said:
YES it does!!
Here is a cropped picture and I adjusted the lightning so it is a bit brighter.
9j3oro.jpg

I didn't really think about the leaf at all until I started really looking at the pics. I am so glad that NorthernTigress included a pic of the bird tracks otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought about taking photos.

On a side note: my husband thinks that the birdie didn't make it and that something poked a hole in it and ate it :( I looked in the tree that hangs over that part of the sidewalk but I couldn't find a nest.

The weird thing is, I was on autopilot (worrying about my appointment) and I just went around the egg, thinking it was a rock or something. It took me a few seconds to actually process what I saw and turn around so I could take a closer look at it.

Ambience

214red said:
Its not anything to do with the brain, your mind can take a walk. The law of the attraction, in its popular form is not really as spirit intended it. The true law of attraction isnt found in a book, its a spiritual law. This excercise to really wake you up to things that are around you all the time, these signs are to show you that your guides are there. The idea of LOA is giving out what you want to attract, but also being what you want to attract, which isnt a simple act, being a mirror you get what you give.....you also have to beleive completely you will get it, that is the hard part because your mind will convince you of lots of things

Manifestation is a great subject and this is something we can try later , but its a really big subject.

If you want a million pound check am sure you can get one, it might be a toy one, or one that can never be cashed, but you can still get one.who would trust a million pounds dropped on a doorstep or put into your bank? If you ask for the assistance or ability to buy a house its more likely that can be done.

Thankyou.

I've also read about how the RAS (reticular activating system) is what makes us pick up and notice things- i.e if you are looking for an egg- you can find one, as it's the filter of focus that allows us to filter unnecessary and required information.

In that case i'm going to ask my guides to help increase my income to 3k a month. This is realistic for me.

Jack

I couldn't think of anything so I meditated and an image popped into my head straight away. It was of a black leaf, like an illustration.

I love this exercise and the whole meet your guides idea for threads.

Thank you 214red, looking forward to practising.

Cactus Dahlia

214red said:
unicorns are good, i did that once thinking i had foxed my guides, found an article in a newspaper with a picture of a unicorn WTF???? i realised its nice to test them, but be prepared to be surprised!!

good luck
Oops! I hope I haven't made it too hard for my guides to show me confirmation of their presence.

I had thought I might be shown a unicorn shape in the clouds, or in the shadows, or in tree formations or in anything as I go about each day. Also of course in pictures in printed material as you suggest. May be in advertising signs as well. It could be in logos on anything.

Should I have chosen a less complicated shape symbol do you think?

OctoberGwen

3/9/11

So I hadn't seen an acorn yet today. I just took the trash outside; it is late afternoon here and we're still in the grip of Winter. There are finally some batches of brown lawn showing here and there, and our driveway is clear, but there is still a lot of snow on the ground - more heading our way tonight - and it's an unpleasantly cold, damp day. After I dumped the bag in the bin I idly started to walk down the drive, scouting the leaf-and-stick debris on the edge (we have retaining walls on both sides of the drive and all sorts of stuff ends up there.) I knew there wouldn't be any acorns because the oak tree is way out back by the fence, and I never see acorns in the drive or the front yard. But I was actually thinking something like, "I want to show Spirit that I'm willing to work a bit", silly I know but well, what can I say. LOL.

Lo and behold, as I walked back up the other side I saw something that wasn't a rock or a piece of bark mulch, I stooped down for a closer look, and sure enough...it was an acorn. :heart: It's quite worse for wear, all cracked on one side, but it's definitely an acorn!

I brought it inside with me, because I didn't have my camera and I didn't want to go back outside. I'll take a pic and post it in a bit.

:)

ETA: Here's a photo; I'm not sure if anyone will be able to tell what it is, LOL.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60333830@N08/5513294796/

NorthernTigress

March 9, 2011

Okay, so after my pendulum questions last night, I definitely decided to go through with this. So this morning before I left my suite, I stood up and said, "Magpie, Cougar and Guides still un-named: show me a sign, show me a sign. Show me the sign that I have chosen." Yeah, I know, not exactly great poetry, but I'm a Keep It Simple type.

I've decided that when one of your Guides is a trickster like Magpie, you have to be careful, and a little bit stubborn. When I left my suite, I noticed that the up and down indicators on my building's elevator were triangles - three sided pyramids really. And outside of a building across the street are these little pyramid sculptures. I immediately decided that these didn't count. I see these things every day, and there's a possibility I might have been thinking about them when I choose my sign.

So, as I was walking down the street, I said (out loud) "Okay. Don't show me what I already know. Show me something new." When I got to the bus stop, a bus drove by that had a huge ad on the side for AMA / CAA, AMA is the Alberta Motor Association, a division of CAA, the Canadian Automobile Association. Now I was almost laughing. Again, I was talking out loud (glad this bus stop isn't busy in the morning) "Nice try, but a capital A isn't the same as a triangle."

I didn't notice anything on my bus ride, even though I was looking out the window instead of reading my book. When I got to work, there were no tracks in the snow, mostly because there was no snow. When I let myself in and started getting ready for my shift, I started finding my first triangles. One was in the staff change area, and another in the kitchen. (See photos)

There's another thing I have to admit is that, unless I'm doing something special, I don't really pay much attention to what I'm wearing. I just grab something out of the closet and go. So it wasn't until I took off my sweatshirt and put it on the coat-hook did I see another triangle! (see photos)

After a long shift, I forgot that I needed to stop at the post office today. So I walked right past my building, and walked to the post office. And as I was walking, I saw a church window. (See photos)

Attachments

• triangle day 1 001.JPG
    triangle day 1 001.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 99
  • triangle day 1 002.JPG
    triangle day 1 002.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 101
  • triangle day 1 003.JPG
    triangle day 1 003.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 116
  • triangle day 1 005.JPG
    triangle day 1 005.JPG