Mermaid Tarot by Dame Darcy

agviz

Not yet, but I will. Especially after all the glowing reviews - and seeing all the pics in the review that Citrin linked! But I hope I get the version with the narrow borders. I like it much better.

My version - which I received days ago - had the narrow borders. Maybe you could double check if and when you place your order.

Citrin

To quote myself in another post, "Love at first sight. The Mermaid deck is an absolute delight of a tarot and one of the most charming I've seen. The drawings are playful and fanciful, and the colors have a muted, nostalgic feel. There's a child-like expressiveness to the artwork, yet there's a well balanced aesthetic and mature understanding of tarot in place. I instantly connected with this deck and it will no doubt be a whale of a tale to read with."

It's a very watery deck so it ought to be good for love readings, right? Well I just did a reading about my love life and I'm very excited about the answer... the Lovers and the Queen of Cups - oh joy! My ship has arrived! (Couldn't resist the seafaring pun.) Also some spot on truths about myself. The Mermaid Tarot is a gem.

BTW, I love that Queen of Cups. She's a cutie. ;)

Spot on... :)

I actually love all the court cards! They all have strong personalities, which is often overlooked in other decks IMO...My favorite is the king of swords. He's gorgeous. ;)

Snowhunter

I placed an order a couple of days ago after seeing The Four Queens' vlog. I'm not really into the nautical theme and mermaids but I'm drawn to the artwork. Actually this isn't even the type of art I normally go for but there's just something about it that made me go "wow". I guess to me it feels spontaneous, carefree, and fun - qualities I'd like to have and I'm hoping to be inspired!

Celtictarot

i recently got this deck, the cardstock is amazing and so is the art, not read with it yet!

GlitterNova

I just ordered this deck. The artwork has a whimsicality about it that reminds me of my Paulina Tarot. This is a deck where I just KNOW I would want to kick myself if it went out of print and I didn't have a copy. Plus, I love mermaids and pirates!

agviz

This would make a wonderful case for the Mermaid Tarot.

Citrin

I just ordered this deck. The artwork has a whimsicality about it that reminds me of my Paulina Tarot. This is a deck where I just KNOW I would want to kick myself if it went out of print and I didn't have a copy. Plus, I love mermaids and pirates!

You won't regret it! :D

I've used mine for a while now and I really like it. It's so beautiful, the images suck me in and I stare at them forever! And I find the deck overall friendly and easy to read. Right now I'm using it on instagram for my February daily draw challenge, and I love it. I kind of have two categories of decks, the first is the decks I use for deep readings when I need to dig deep into my soul, while the second category is more light hearted and everyday focused. The Mermaid Tarot would FOR ME fall into my second category. Nothing bad with that at all! I usually use those decks more often... It just describes my view of it I guess, that it really fits into daily draws and everyday-readings so to speak. :) Gorgeous deck!

If I have to say anything slightly bad about it, it's the online "guide"! I looked through it a week ago and honestly it annoyed me that some descriptions of cards described the RWS perfectly, but not the Mermaid deck at all! Take a look at 6 of Pentacles, which describes someone giving others money, while the card in the Mermaid deck shows a ship on the ocean! So yeah, it annoyed me a little... I'd prefer there to be no guide book instead of a half-assed one to be honest...

Laura Borealis

I finally got around to ordering it! I had a little flash earlier that it was time ;) (or maybe it was just Bette Midler in a mermaid costume)

I see on her Etsy description it now says "The borders on the cards are smaller and look like map parchment now that they are being produced by a new printer."

Clotho

I've just ordered mime, too, although at the first sight I wasn't really attracted by it for I don't particularly fancy mermaid.