Mermaid Tarot by Dame Darcy

agviz

Laura, I love your comments. I'm going to pull out the specific cards you mentioned and give them a look-see because you noticed some things I hadn't.

GlitterNova

Arg this thread is making me so impatient. I can't wait for my deck to arrive!

Laura Borealis

Thanks Agviz :)

I understand completely GlitterNova! I was more impatient than usual for this one :D Though it only took a week from the time I ordered. I was just in a state of anticipation :laugh:

http://youtu.be/wlwnbcxBuzI

strings of life

I'm almost enabled on this one! The art reminds me of the Morgan's Tarot (which is really an Oracle deck) in many ways.

GlitterNova

I finally received my deck a few days ago. It's absolutely charming! I love the Queens. If you like a good Queen, this deck is a must. The trumps are drawn with creative flair, my favorite are: The High Priestess with her white dress and mandorla-like veil, the exotic-looking Magician (even if his one hand appears to have six fingers!), The Hermit with a billowing cape, and the lovely Empress.

Madrigal

How are you all liking this deck to read with? I'm drawn to the artwork but when I look at pics I think, gah, I don't think I could read with this.

agviz

How are you all liking this deck to read with? I'm drawn to the artwork but when I look at pics I think, gah, I don't think I could read with this.

I found it to read just fine. It's very RWS oriented. If you are drawn to the artwork, why do you suppose you wouldn't be able to read with it?

Madrigal

I'm not sure. Maybe it's the 'primitive' style (which I like artistically just not sure how I would find it Tarot-wise) or the theme, too light?? Mermaids are not usually my thing. Gee, I've got lots of reasons why it couldn't work...and yet for some reason I'm drawn to it.

Agviz, it's encouraging to hear it reads well. I've been branching out a little wrt decks and exploring the more whimsical ones which I've found refreshing and surprisingly enriching. Faeries, cats and now mermaids :D

agviz

I found the looser, less polished drawing style very endearing and so I was won over. I too am not big into mermaids, but I've found that almost any theme could work for a tarot deck if it conforms to the needs of tarot, which this does by adopting a lot of the RWS form.

Citrin

I've used this deck quite a lot for readings, mainly one card draws, and I'm really connecting well with it so for me it reads very well! And I'm one of those people who sometimes buys gorgeous decks that just won't work in readings :( *coughShadowscapescough*