My Crystal Ball

GotH

It's beautiful GoTH :) I think mine has vertical lines on it, and yours are horizontal. It has an interesting effect on the light falling on it.

And thank you. I believe there are both vertical and horizontal lines on mine. It's behaves differently with the way you hold it. Sometimes it's completely clear and other times it's opaque. I really love this piece.

celticnoodle

BEAUTIFUL CRYSTAL, GotH!!!

I got a few different things, but no spheres this time alas. I got a really cool rhodonite heart that I've scryed with already though! I think I'm getting the hang of it, but I wonder if I should be concerned if I'm 'doing it wrong'.... is there a wrong way to scry?

No, there is no wrong way to scry. Keep in mind that everyone's way of scrying is unique and different as their personality is. Some meditate for periods of time before getting images while others can just glance at a ball and see relevant things. Others actually see images with their eyes open while others see it in their heads with eyes closed. You can experiment to find which works best for you. Relaxing is probably the most important tip and don't "force" your eyes to see anything. When you do get an image, trust that you really are seeing it. And don't worry about what these images mean, just see if you can allow the images to continue to flow first.

Let us know how your scrying is coming along and feel free to tell us what you've seen so far. :)

I agree with GotH here, suk. Just go with what feels right with you. There is no wrong way to go. Through practice, you'll know what is right for you and you'll also begin to trust yourself and it will become easier as you go. GotH here is truly an expert with scrying, as you can tell with her threads here on this subject.

I also look forward to reading about your experiences, too, Suk! :thumbsup:

suk

I actually first read about scrying on here, it was one of your threads GoTH! It's only recently that I'm trying it a lot, but that thread gave me so much information. Thank you for that, it was so valuable.

I've been seeing a lot of things... I saw many images in the clouds on a long drive. Many dragons, and a cat punching out a dog, which I thought was funny. I should probably have written it down as I saw them, because it's hard to remember now.
In the rhodonite, I saw a weird face that was a shiny sphere. It had a big grin on it. Later I saw that I was wearing a t shirt that had the Ween logo on it.
I did see some more things, but again I have trouble remembering. Basically there were a lot of animals, there was a tortoise too.

I really enjoyed it, it felt like a game and I thought that I don't really do things like that often.

GotH

Animal images are HUGE in scrying especially in planet shaped spheres. They have so much to tell us about the world around us. See, I believe that animals were here first (says so in the bible too!) and we were implanted here by some amazing star creatures. They have a lot to tell us. That's why there is so much info on animal spirits and totems. :) Next time you get an animal image, go look up it's symbolism. You might be surprised with the message it has for you.

suk

That's interesting, I often think the 'ancient alien' theory is more likely than the 'descended from apes' one. It explains so much of our weird past, especially the myths and religions. I do enjoy alternative theories a lot, I especially like the 'aquatic ape' theory that says we were probably sea creatures at one point.

I thought about what the dragon meant to me, and I feel it has some connection with the crystals I've been working with. They're all connected to the fire element, my carnelian heart even looks like solidified fire.

I saw another interesting image today, of two figures seated facing each other. The one on the right looked angry, and the left one was calm and balanced. This image was repeated twice, one below the other, the second one being more 'zoomed in'. It was very cool. The left side, calmer figure looked like a bison in the second one. In the first, it was a man, and looked like he had angel wings.

I think it's to do with being balanced in the face of disturbing events or emotions surfacing. I have been trying to be more detached in my meditations, so maybe it's trying to encourage or inspire me. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

GotH

I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

I'm going to be honest and tell you that deciphering the images we see is our own personal mystery. It's like the Divine Universe allows us to see what's there but leaves it up to us to figure it out. I like to practice this process on the divination threads from time to time as well as with others outside of the forum. The only way you'll be able to get confident with the meanings is to practice on others and wait for their feedback. There are a few who visit the site that wouldn't mind exchanging scry readings with others. I highly encourage you to partake in these exchanges when you see them to strengthen this skill.

Good luck to you..

suk

Thank you for the frank reply, I really appreciate it. I know that symbolism is most meaningful to the person it appears to, or concerns.

I looked up the meaning of the bison, as you suggested, and it had a lot of relevance to me. There were parts of it that seemed trivial, but not really to me. For instance, bisons store their strength in their shoulders, and when I feel any stress I feel it most often in my shoulders.

Thank you all for your encouragement, I'm excited about learning more :)

MizGrace

oh wow that was bought with a lot of love and thought, your mum really loves you buying that. So lucky enjoy it, the stand is nice as it is. Nice I dont have any crystals that size beauty is in the eye of the beholder as far as im concerned all crystals are lovely as they are as unique as our fingerprints they go to who they are meant to be with. I dont dislike any crystals I see beauty in all.

GotH

Thank you MizGrace! I agree, all crystals are beautiful. :)