My Harry Potter fanart deck

Nendil

Hi guys - long time lurker, first time poster here. This is a long-time project that I've been working on for literally over a decade, but only now do I feel confident enough to plug it here, because I finally have something solid (and decent) to show. I just finished (re-)painting the first card, but I've planned out all of the art for the Major Arcana, so I hope(!) to be making steady progress on them.

0. The Fool

All of the thumbnail concept sketches for the Majors, with links to my thought process on each one

Preview! Sketches for The Magician and The High Priestess

Of course I will be posting each card here as I finish them, though I do apologize ahead of time for being a slow artist so it may be a month (or more) between cards.

(Possibly a few of you will recognize this deck from back in the day. I'm giving it a new shot with improved art skills!)

Edit: If you don't want to search this thread for each posted card, you can browse everything done so far at the deck's main page here.

Maxamillion

Those are great!

Wendywu

Those are going to be wonderful!

Do you reckon you'll get licence to publish from JK Rowling? Because if they do get published, I'm in line to buy :)

Aulruna

Wow, these are fantastic!

Love to read your thoughts, too.

Also hoping for publication...

ETA: Looking especially forward to Strength, The Hanged Man (can you tell I love patronuses...) and the Star!

Alta

Nendil those are amazing. I never thought that anyone could do that well with the Harry Potter story into tarot.

Sulis

Wow, those are gorgeous. Good luck in getting the all clear from JK Rowling :).

Glass Owl

These are so wonderful. While I like Mary GrandPre's illustrations, your sketches feel more alive to me. It is as if you waved a wand and you formed the images from air and magic.

Nendil

Thanks to all for your kind comments! I've started on painting The Magician now and it's putting up a bit of a struggle, but I think I've got past the worst of it :)

Wendywu said:
Do you reckon you'll get licence to publish from JK Rowling? Because if they do get published, I'm in line to buy :)
A year ago I would've not even considered the possibility, but apparently someone has managed such a thing...? So yes, that is my eventual dream, but I'm not going to worry about it until I'm anywhere near completing the deck, and that's not going to be for a loooong while, alas.

Glass Owl said:
It is as if you waved a wand and you formed the images from air and magic.
Ahahahaha, I WISH IT WERE THAT EASY.

kaesrel

Like so many others said, these are absolutely gorgeous! I really hope you get permission to sell them and I'd definitely buy a deck.

cronegoddess54

Harry Potter

You are a great artist the cards are so nice..I think you have a winning deck there! Cannot wait to see more....very exciting....
CG