Mythos Tarot

Indigo Rose

Mythos,
Your work is beautiful!! I hope you turn this into a deck. This work needs to be shared with the World!! THANK YOU for sharing it with us!!!
WOW!!!!

:heart: Indigo Rose

.traveller.

Wow, you've really pulled her together nicely. You got a great hand at painting flowers, you know? I was admiring them in your other cards as well. That's quite a talent, flowers are hard.

mythos

.traveller. said:
Wow, you've really pulled her together nicely. You got a great hand at painting flowers, you know? I was admiring them in your other cards as well. That's quite a talent, flowers are hard.

You have no idea how I appreciate you saying this. Apart from the fact that I tend to get floral, no matter what, I have a sister who paints extraordinarily brilliant botanical art. My work, needless to say, is totally impressionistic compared to hers. I don't want to paint botanical art ... so there is no competitive spirit there, but there is an inevitability about seeing my own floral as rather ho hum, compared to the brilliance of detail Ruth produces.

Here's an example of my sister's work so that you can see what I mean. Might I note too, that she is legally blind!

mythos:)

Attachments

• tn_Muellerina_eucalyptoides_small.jpg
    tn_Muellerina_eucalyptoides_small.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 165

Keigh

It looks as if your talent is genetic! I would love to have half the skill and vision that you and your sister share. :D Your sister's work is lovely....though I'm a sucker for the more impressionistic work and find yours to be quite lovely!

Elven

Mythos :bugeyed: Your sisters work on botanicals is just beautiful - my favourite art!! You are both so brilliant!!

Blessings
Elven x

.traveller.

Your sister has a very illustrative style and the color enhances that. Very lovely work there. My sister can draw in a similar style and I used to feel very inferior until I realised that I draw/paint emotionally and she draws/paints intellectually. Equal but different, both beautiful. That's how I see your work, I feel the emotional investment in the brushstrokes and that is what makes those flowers come to life.
I have to agree with the others... there's a hell of a lot of talent in that family of yours!

Keigh

.traveller. said:
Your sister has a very illustrative style and the color enhances that. Very lovely work there. My sister can draw in a similar style and I used to feel very inferior until I realised that I draw/paint emotionally and she draws/paints intellectually. Equal but different, both beautiful. That's how I see your work, I feel the emotional investment in the brushstrokes and that is what makes those flowers come to life.
I have to agree with the others... there's a hell of a lot of talent in that family of yours!
Traveller, beautifully stated! Intellectual and emotional approaches to art. Your words stike a deep chord in me.....yes, Mythos, you do paint with your heart!

mythos

Keigh said:
Traveller, beautifully stated! Intellectual and emotional approaches to art. Your words stike a deep chord in me.....yes, Mythos, you do paint with your heart!

Ummmm ... and a brush :joke:. Yes, our styles do come from very different places. My sister is a 'head' painter with a profound passion for the environment. Her painting is about teaching, rather than art. My mother paints too, landscapes and seascapes ... but in incredible colour and with a style all her own. She is a from-the-heart painter too. And yep, I got lucky being born into this family. We are all very odd and eccentric in our own ways, but that is part of the joy of it. I feel blessed indeed.

Brammetje

This Tarot and these paintings...

fantastic!

Love,
Bram

mythos

Temperance

Well, it has been a while. But here is the latest!

Attachments

• Temp.jpg
    Temp.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 174