new deck in progress -opinions, please

seule

Hi all. I'm planning a new deck with an artist friend here in France. Would be grateful for any opinions on the artwork or anything else :) Three cards on my blog at www.wendymewes.blogspot.com

.traveller.

The Fool is brilliantly executed, wouldn't change a thing. It has a nice balance between the hard and soft edges and the mixture of color and pattern give the card energy.

The border is distracting on the 5 of cups. Maybe neutralize the blue/green a bit or go for a different shade of the same combination. Right now the picture/subject and the border seem to be working independantly of one another instead of working together.

The King of Swords could use a little more contrast, maybe just a little more attention on the edges... they are all soft. A few defined edges here and there wouldn't hurt.

Overall, love the colors and the compositions. Very pleasant to the eye, can't wait to see more.

poivre

Your work is beautiful &
I'd buy the deck.

Work on!

ros
:)

HudsonGray

I really like the use of color too, is it watercolor or markers? They're very vibrant, I think publishers would be interested in this one.

seule

Thanks very much for comments - the cards (more done too) are now altogether in one place at www.tarotseeds.blogspot.com and comments can be made directly there. Some interesting ideas are emerging but we could really do with feedback from all you guys :)

Sidhe-Ra

Oo, yes, gorgeous! Just my sort of thing. I like these a LOT! I do hope you'll keep us up to date with these.

Blessings,

Em x

FearfulSymmetry

These are absolutely gorgeous!

FantasyWorld

These cards are wonderful! I love them:love:
I would like to see the borders smaller and more detail on the main image though.

Look forward to more!

Blessed Be
Alanna

Goatqueen

Wow, those cards are so beautiful!

Catmoon

I liked the cards... Really do!!!!! Looking forward to more of them. Keep going.
Specially the fool I loved it.