New to Runes

Bev

Time frames

With runes, time frames or time indictors can sometimes be identified by certain runes. Sun - Sol/Sowilo/Sigel name depends on the Futhark/Futhorc you are using) can indicate Summer, Ice - Is/Isa can indicate Winter. Harvest - Jer/Jera/Ger can indicate Autumn, and Birch - Bjarkan/Berkana/Beorc can indicate Spring. (I've heard of other runes used to indicate Spring - off the top of my head, Ur and Peorth have both been used. I prefer Beorc because Birch has strong fertility associations which I find appropriate for Spring.

Just a little food for thought. :)
Bev

Runester

FaerieStorm said:
I just bought this book yesterday; the author seems to be very well versed in nordic and Celtic history--as well as the Runes. I love the poems and myths he associates with each "Runestave." Does anyone else have this book? What do yo think of it?

added that to my cart just now on the recommending. will check it out.

this ones on delivery now.thought id give it a look see.

Taking Up The Runes: Complete Guide To Using Runes In Spells,rituals,diviniation and magic
by Diana Paxson

Angel Star

I think I saw Nordic Runes and looked at it but i do not own it. Maybe I will consider buying if it is good. For some reason its hard to find really good rune books at least i seem to have trouble finding ones I like. Some seem confusing and just blather on about stuff and are not very practical books.

stella01904

MM ~ I think the most practical Rune book for beginners is the Silver Ravenwolf one that comes with the Nigel Jackson Witches' Runes cards. And Freya Aswynn is mandatory. Stay away from Blum, he's useless. BB, Stella

Runester

stella01904 said:
MM ~ I think the most practical Rune book for beginners is the Silver Ravenwolf one that comes with the Nigel Jackson Witches' Runes cards. And Freya Aswynn is mandatory. Stay away from Blum, he's useless. BB, Stella

fully agree, she describes the runes better then most books i own.