Offering readings using ???

AJ

Offering readings-bibiomancy with a twist

I have a heavy heart today so to lighten it I am offering divination readings using multiple methods pulled at random from
Ray Buckland's Fortune Telling Book,
The Encyclopedia of Divination and Soothsaying. You may get a Divvy, you may get a Sooth...

Only one rule.
If you've had a reading at AT in May (unless in a monthly circle) you are not eligible for this exchange.

No feedback necessary, strictly voluntary.
Please think your question out carefully, simple is better :)

mdawn

Hi AJ - I have been doing the One Card One Sentence game this week so I don't think I qualify. I just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear you are feeling heavy hearted. Hope this thread works as a pick me up!

AJ

I seldom look at the games threads, is the One Card, One Sentence where one person is doing readings for all of you or does each person do them in turn, working with the person above and below them?

If that is the case that would be a Circle, and I'd welcome your question.

Thank you for the kind words, I had to put my dear old dog down this morning. We got a few extra months with him that we never expected. (took him off all his meds in February and he brightened up)
http://quirkeries.blogspot.com/search?q=Windsor

I'm not meaning to put a damper on the readings, he has been a blessing for nearly 15 years and that is what I will concentrate on today. Call this a celebration of Windsor's life reading offer :)

franniee

I am sorry for your loss AJ! :heart:

What a nice celebration of Windsor's life. XO

OH this is beautiful:
"Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing is so gentle as real strength." ~ St. Frances 1567-1622

Be well :love:

Ange

AJ...may I first say that I know how you are feeling right now...my little Sal was 18yrs old. It will seem like forever, until one day some of the pain is not there......

I wonder if I might have a reading please?

Is the spiritual path, learning the tarot/oracle one that I should be on?

Love and prayers to you and your family AJ.
Ang x

AJ

Ang, my Divvy/Sooth book opened to page 173, your reading is using DACTYLOIOMANCY
There are several variations, but all use one or more rings, sometimes in conjunction with alphabet letters, a crude form of a Ouija board combined with pendulum work.

See my wedding ring swirling about in the wine glass? Big Mojo! I chose sides facing the flower etchings as Yes, sides facing the plain sides as No.

The ring sides came to rest facing the plain sides. So the Dactyloiomancy reading is giving you a NO to the question Is the spiritual path, learning the tarot/oracle one that I should be on?

I will add, just 'tween thee and me, that perhaps that means No, in the way you are using the cards today. Because I find for myself, using them as a tool doing daily draws, I am much more in tune with the spiritual guidance the cards offer me. I'm rubbish at 'reading' :) but my cards help me clarify many many issues. So just think about your methods...

Thank you for allowing me to try a new form of divination today Ang.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 70

Ange

Thank you for doing that for me AJ....

I'll ponder over what you have seen in the reading.... :)

Ang x

Ange

I see on you picture that there are cards there too....

In the interests of keeping your mind occupied for part of the evening, it would be interesting to see what answer you got to the same question using some other method....:)

Ang x

AJ

Sorry, good trick but I didn't just fall off the Turnip truck. The Saint displayed (Aegidus) would slap me silly for doing the same reading twice, as would all our tarot police.

The bottom card is my card of the day which I draw first thing in the morning and then post about on my blog. The higher card (Aegidus) is from a very different LoS deck I just got this week. It isn't tarot, and doesn't have the writing in the border, but it does have 78 cards and a little white book; it is called Voices of Saints. Although I'm not Catholic I enjoy learning about all faiths, and I really liked working with Robert Place's Saints deck earlier this year...hence the second saint deck. It is fun to look up the saints and see what wretched lives most of them lead...makes my own seem not as bad. S. Aegidus managed to get Charlemagne absolved from incest, hence his inclusion.

Now aren't you sorry you asked and thank you for keeping me occupied.
I probably shouldn't, but I'm going to my yoga practice tonight, I need a hug and I'm here alone, Rob is in California.
hugs....and one to Sally to, for help at the Rainbow Bridge.

Anyone here that seldom or never asks for a reading? Won't hurt, won't cost, won't curse you or make your shoes pinch. Try it! I have all day long tomorrow to do these exercises.

Ange

Do you know, I didn't realise you shouldn't do the same one twice.....

I very often do it....
Ang x