tabi

Annabloem said:
I'd love to know my cards.
My birthday is may 24, 1993
thanks in advance!

Soul and Personality cards are 6 The Lovers
Year card: 14 Temperance

Annabloem

thank you very much! In your first post you have also posted something about the shadow card. can you tell me how to find/calculate that one?

tabi

Annabloem said:
thank you very much! In your first post you have also posted something about the shadow card. can you tell me how to find/calculate that one?

Not everyone has shadow cards, they happen when the numbers you add up end up being another two digit number. IE: if you add up your birthday and find that it is 19, adding those two together gets you 10 (this is the shadow card), so you have to add it together one last time.

Make sense?

Annabloem

tabi said:
Not everyone has shadow cards, they happen when the numbers you add up end up being another two digit number. IE: if you add up your birthday and find that it is 19, adding those two together gets you 10 (this is the shadow card), so you have to add it together one last time.

Make sense?
yes, thank you very much ^^

Amanda

tabi said:
Theory being that are life is marked by moments of the Major Arcana of the tarot. Those larger (greater) mysteries, since the Major doesn't go past 22 then you have to add it back together until it falls into the range of the Major Arcana which is 1-22 (as mentioned above can't add anything and get zero in basic math).

I'm assuming that you're simply splitting the 2 and the 6 here but that doesn't do justice to the number 26 while adding them together does. You would have to talk to someone more involved in numerology to get into the details with.

I know you didn't make up the rules, so I'm not knocking you... but that just seems extremely limiting!

I would think, that each number by itself is important, as well as together... like the 2 and the 6 (HP and Lovers) and then adding them together for 8 Strength. So you're not really discounting adding them together, but painting a larger picture. It would make more sense to have more options with the personality cards, and one for the soul card, wouldn't it?

Who came up with this stuff anyway... like is this in a book somewhere?

nyx77

soul/shadow card?

Hi! I can see you must be inundated with requests for this, what a lovely thing to do for so many! So,,, if and when you have the time and energy please may I know my soul and shadow cards? My birthdate is July 9th 1977. Thank you again in advance! Blessed be, nyx

CottonCandy

tabi said:

Make sense?
Uh... I thought it did, but now I'm confused again. I know this wasn't directed at me, but would you mind answering a few questions from me too?

Using your system, my birthday adds up to 11 so that's my personality card, right? & 1+1=2 which I believe is my soul card since it's a single digit. So if I'm correct, I don't have a shadow card. Is that right?

If the 11 had been a different number (though it would have to be below 22 to be the personality card) & it reduced to a double digit number then that would be the shadow card & I would reduce one more time to get the soul card...

*calculates, reads & thinks for a few minutes*

Out of the numbers 10-21, only 19 comes out with a double digit sum as far as I can tell...

The Amberstone's birth card pairs method of adding & reducing is slightly different than yours but the page says they have an exception for birth dates adding up to 19. If it's 19, you have 3 birth cards instead of two. and those cards will be 19, 10, & 1.
(http://www.tarotschool.com/BirthCards2.html)

Are birth dates adding up to 19 the only ones that have shadow cards?

nyx77, I hope you don't mind me using your request to practice.

If I understand correctly
7+9+1977= 1993
1+9+9+3= 22
2+2=4

So depending on if you use the fool as 22 or not, your personality card would be the fool & your soul card the emperor, or your personality card & soul card are both the emperor.
And if I understand it correctly, you don't have a shadow card.

Oh & your Current Year card would be the wheel of fortune (10).

I hope Tabi will check, but I think it's correct. :)

Stormdancer

CottonCandy said:
nyx77, I hope you don't mind me using your request to practice.

If I understand correctly
7+9+1977= 1993
1+9+9+3= 22
2+2=4

So depending on if you use the fool as 22 or not, your personality card would be the fool & your soul card the emperor, or your personality card & soul card are both the emperor.
And if I understand it correctly, you don't have a shadow card.
I think 13 is the "Shadow card" here.....

leelee

Hmmmm.... if I have this correct

01 +06 + 1970 = 1977

1+9+7+7 = 24

2+4=6 = LOVERS both for Personality and Soul

Is that right as I dont have a double digit Personality Card??

Thanks