Ok no more contacting the dead for me!

PisceanRedhead

Waterfaery said:
Using any tool for spirit communication is much the same, but you do have to be careful. And talking to them directly can open you up to the tricksters. If you are calling your spirits/guardians beforehand, then you're protected. I have a little mini ceremony thing that I always do before I contact anyone by lighting a candle that I've charged for that purpose, calling my guardians to me at that time. When I'm done, I blow the candle out and thank my guardians, visualizing any negativity being blown out with the candle. It just depends on what helps you to visualize what it is that you feel like you need to do, what makes you feel safe.

This is interesting because last night I was using one of my oracle decks and, after saying a prayer over the deck to remove any negative energy and to provide me clear, concise and accurate messages, I made a general inquiry of the cards, then asked two people who have passed (that I feel watch over me) to give me their answer to my question by making a card or two jump from the deck while I shuffle. I then opened it up to any other helpful spirit that surrounds me that I haven't called upon to make a card jump... but this time, I got about 8 or 9 cards "jumping" from the deck. I have an idea who it might be... the spirit of a family friend who died many years ago at a relatively young age and is prone to pranks... because it didn't feel malicious... and all the cards could have been potential answers to my inquiry based on how you look at the situation. It was more objective than really giving me a direct answer... probably how he would have answered if he'd been there for me to ask in person...

I never thought of using a candle to bring my guardians closer to me... probably because I've said prayers to seal off my room and infuse it with light and love and protection from outside negativity. I hope to be doing a clearing of the rest of the house within the next week or so, so perhaps I'll bring the candles out to help with that. :)

Tarotphelia

mingbop said:
but I lived and did it again and still lived ! LOL have faith and not fear DI !! :)

It's not a question of not living , it's a question of what you want to get stuck living with afterwards Ming . It's not a question of faith and fear , but simple logic and normal spiritual protection .Like looking both ways before you cross the street.