Ok now I'm stumped! WEIRD Dreams . .

Milfoil

4 dreams last night, here's a quick synopsis:

1) It is night time, I am in the kitchen of my house looking out of the back door window to see the snow outside and my neighbour (who is very house proud) trying to coax a friesian calf out into snow. I open the door to help her but instead she comes across to me, covered in snow and comes in, at which point I suddenly notice that every room is piled high with dirty washing. Blankets etc mostly and some men are there surveying the extent of the problem.

Yes I know - 'don't air your dirty washing in public' springs to mind, something not right, needing to clean up or being overwhelmed with the scale of the task - that one was easier.

2) Nicholas Cage is in the newspapers, his heavily pregnant wife dressed in white has given him permission to go on a chat show (a man under the thumb!) but the chat show bring out all his old (gorgeous) girl friends. Even so he remains a gentleman and upholds her trust.

???

3) An old workshop, dusty like a joiners shop, the building is a sort of L shape. Two older ladies work there cooking & baking. They have to move heavy, long cast iron ovens over a ditch in the floor (where I presume the fire is lit). They have made a massive amount of 'Cottage/Shepherds' pie which fills the rooms to waist height and they have real, live sheep running all over it (so living lamb and cooked lamb!). A reporter asks them why and they explain it was a publicity stunt to turn the business around but they suggest nobody actually eats the pie because of the sheep 'doo-doo'!

4) I am a guide showing people around a sort of 'love retreat', there is a hill with lots of little snickets and alcoves where couples come together to kiss and love in private yet in nature, Tom Cruise (a man who I have little respect for in waking life) is there and I felt really sorry for him and I took him up the hill (on his own!). I told him how sorry I was that "it didn't work out" (meaning something in his life had failed).

Ok, so now that we have established just how crazy I am, what on earth is all that about? I went to bed with the intention of NOT dreaming for once, not asking for anything in particular, just a nights sleep and I got this.

Any ideas? even crazy ones??

RViewer

Encouragement.

Hi Milfoil :)

In my opinion you are far from crazy. What you are is highly helpful and insightful and have provided a very conducive atmosphere here at AT (especially in the Spirituality and Divination forums) toward the spiritual growth of those who come here.

Each of these dreams in this sequence I feel are related to the same theme. To put things "in a nutshell" I would venture a guess that what they are showing in a symbolic way is the current result of your efforts in helping others along their spiritual paths through your insight and advice. The results are quite favorable and (like all of us) there is always dirty laundry that needs fixing at home. But it is good to not let this be an excuse not to help or act as a hostess to others when we see an opportunity we can live up to.

I would like to say more but I don't want to embarrass you :) or go too far down a path you may feel is in the wrong direction toward the meaning of these dreams. But I will finish by saying that I am quite happy with the job you have been doing here at Aeclectic and I do hope you stay for quite some time to come.

Milfoil

Well, thankyou (blush). I'm glad you think I am doing something right! ;)

I've been thinking about these all day, I think you have a point about facilitating others on their path, it is a big part of my life and something I hold of the utmost importance. I can see what you mean.

I also think I may be being asked to review how I deal with situations, the animus coming out more and my uncertainty about how to deal with that.

Looking back at my childhood I can see now that what seemed like weaknesses, being soft, not wanting to hurt others, not seeing the funny side of snide jokes, always going for the underdog etc. These were not weaknesses at all but strengths of character that I held to the path of compassion and empathy even when it ostracized me. I didn't have to develop these, I was born with them, what I HAVE to develop is the male side, the strength to balance it and to give it stability and part of what these dreams are about seems to suggest this. The hero (Nicholas Cage - all round nice guy in my mind) is allowed out but the anti-hero (Tom Cruise - hero in the films but sadly misguided in real life) is alone and failing.

The room full of shepherds pie though - not a clue about that. Some sort of sustenance wasted, lots of potential and effort which is spoiled??

RViewer, if you want to share your thoughts, please feel free or PM if you feel they are of a sensitive nature! (eek)

Thanks for your response, it has me thinking on different levels which is good.

memries

All the dreams have something in common and that of course I will call "unappetizing". I am deliberately not using the word dirty.

It could have something to do with intimacy.. the dream about the alcoves and the dream with Nicholas Cage.

There is a situation in your life that you find less than attractive. It could be personal or work related.

The dream might also be telling you that you can do something about it. After all dirty laundry can be washed.

The shepherds mean shepherding something. Leading it along but the conditions were not correct to make the pies because of the sheep present.
They contaminated the product so maybe there is someone in your circle that is not executing your lead properly. (Idea reinforced by the woman who led the cow to you ! lol)

Ok. those are my crazy ideas.

lark

I think it has to do with the actors strike and from that dream it might be a long and messy business.

Hephasteus

Ok tons of symbols

Kitchen
To see a kitchen in your dream, signifies your need for warmth and spiritual nourishment. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother. Alternatively the kitchen, represents a transformation.

House Proud

House
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self.

Houses are most closey associtated with 12th house in astrology. But houses come up in astrology as how people express themselves archetypically. So by saying she is house proud. She is proud of her ability to make her house in material realm and wants it to be source of pride and maybe vanity.

Door
To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.

To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life.

Snow
To see snow in your dream, signifies your inhibitions, repressed/unexpressed emotions and feelings of frigidity. You need to release and express these emotions and inhibitions. You may also be feeling indifferent, alone and neglected. If the snow is melting then it suggests that you are acknowledging and releasing those emotions you have repressed.

Quilts
To see a quilt in your dream, signifies harmony, protection, warmth, and pleasant and comfortable circumstances.
To see a soiled quilt in your dream, signifies carelessness in dress and manner.

This is saying that things aren't quite what they seem between you and neighbor. It seems to indicate that she is suppressing something and wishes to talk it over with you. You go to the outside to help her but instead she comes into your conciousness your house. This sort of seems to say that you pick up she is suppressing something, and want to help her with it but since your house is full of dirty blankets that you will go about it in a sort of careless manner.

Debra

Milfoil, I want to echo the thanks for insights you've so freely shared on this forum. I don't know what your dreams might mean but I wonder how they make you feel...anxious, nervous, worried? Do they seem funny and amusing? Light? Heavy? The emotional content may be as important or more so than the "story" or symbols.

Hephasteus

Milfoil said:
3) An old workshop, dusty like a joiners shop, the building is a sort of L shape. Two older ladies work there cooking & baking. They have to move heavy, long cast iron ovens over a ditch in the floor (where I presume the fire is lit). They have made a massive amount of 'Cottage/Shepherds' pie which fills the rooms to waist height and they have real, live sheep running all over it (so living lamb and cooked lamb!). A reporter asks them why and they explain it was a publicity stunt to turn the business around but they suggest nobody actually eats the pie because of the sheep 'doo-doo'!

Any ideas? even crazy ones??

Workshop
To see a workshop in you dream, represents the development of your skills. You are trying to understand your Self and find out who you are.

Dust
To see dust in your dream, suggest that aspects of yourself have been ignored or neglected.

The oven represents nurturing aspects and even womb

Sheep are the conforming masses.

Pie is a symbol for the whole. The entirety of all life.

Feces
To see or come in contact with feces, signifies aspects of yourself that are dirty and negative and which you believe to be undesirable and repulsive. You need to acknowledge and express these feelings, even though it may be shameful. Release the negativity in your life. Alternatively, it may also refer to someone who is anal retentive.

Baking is a creative effort.

This dream seems to be saying that old skills that have brought us closer together spiritually aren't working and were more for public appeal than anything and new skills and new creations will be made in the cast iron oven (fire of creation) to bring us closer together because the repulsive aspects of the pie keep people from experiencing our totality. Probably something to do with change into age of aquarius. You said yourself it was like a joiners shop. So you're bringing in alot of religious symbols. Carpentry, sheep etc.

Syrah

I'm not Christian, and so not particularly versed in Christian symbolism. But I do know that Jesus is also known as the "lamb of God" (for dream number 3). And when you spoke of going up a hill in dream number 4, I thought of Jesus carrying his cross up a hill. Do you feel as though you're making a lot of sacrifices in your life? Or perhaps that you're sacrificing time you would normally devote to a person or an activity?

For dreams #1 and #2 - laundry is traditionally thought of as "woman's work". And pregnancy is the ultimate "woman's work" I suppose. Are you feeling bogged down by mundane tasks?

Putting them together - a sense of being overwhelmed by tasks you may not want to do, causing you to sacrifice time normally spent with something or someone you love?

Milfoil

memries said:
All the dreams have something in common and that of course I will call "unappetizing". I am deliberately not using the word dirty.

Thankyou Memries - nothing about the dreams felt 'dirty', the washing was more of an embarassment and surprise, it wasn't there before only when my neighbour came in.

memries said:
It could have something to do with intimacy.. the dream about the alcoves and the dream with Nicholas Cage.

There is a situation in your life that you find less than attractive. It could be personal or work related.

Not sure, intimacy is not an issue with hubby and its no secret that I don't enjoy my job but have come to terms with that and see my daily work as providing just as valuable a service as if I were doing anything else.

memries said:
The dream might also be telling you that you can do something about it. After all dirty laundry can be washed.

Valid point, in the dream I said it would only take me 3 days of solid work to get it all in order.

memries said:
The shepherds mean shepherding something. Leading it along but the conditions were not correct to make the pies because of the sheep present.
They contaminated the product so maybe there is someone in your circle that is not executing your lead properly. (Idea reinforced by the woman who led the cow to you ! lol)

Ok. those are my crazy ideas.

There were no shepherds just a 'shepherds pie' (minced lamb and carrots with a mash potatoe topping) but I get your point, something filling, nutrients for a shepherd but spoiled because both the origin of the pie (sheep) and the things being shepherded (sheep) were in the wrong place at the wrong time yet the women said it was a publicity stunt to raise awareness - I'll keep thinking about this one.

The neighbour didn't lead the cow to me, she was trying to coax a calf outside into the snow. I went out to see/help. It was almost like putting appearances (her lovely house) in front of basic needs (throwing a baby out into the snow). Perhaps part of me doesn't fully see the way to combine both yet?

Thankyou memries - I've found a lot to ponder from your comments. :)