Ok now I'm stumped! WEIRD Dreams . .

Milfoil

lark said:
I think it has to do with the actors strike and from that dream it might be a long and messy business.

:D Interesting, not sure about it as I have no links to the stage but I'll bear it in mind!

Thankyou Lark.

Milfoil

Hephasteus said:
Ok tons of symbols

Kitchen
To see a kitchen in your dream, signifies your need for warmth and spiritual nourishment. It may also be symbolic of the nurturing mother. Alternatively the kitchen, represents a transformation.

House Proud

House
To see a house in your dream, represents your own soul and self.

Houses are most closey associtated with 12th house in astrology. But houses come up in astrology as how people express themselves archetypically. So by saying she is house proud. She is proud of her ability to make her house in material realm and wants it to be source of pride and maybe vanity.

Door
To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.

To dream that you are looking out the window, signifies your outlook on life, your consciousness, point of view, awareness, and intuition. You may be reflecting on a decision and seeking guidance. Or you need to go out into the larger world and experience life.

Snow
To see snow in your dream, signifies your inhibitions, repressed/unexpressed emotions and feelings of frigidity. You need to release and express these emotions and inhibitions. You may also be feeling indifferent, alone and neglected. If the snow is melting then it suggests that you are acknowledging and releasing those emotions you have repressed.

Quilts
To see a quilt in your dream, signifies harmony, protection, warmth, and pleasant and comfortable circumstances.
To see a soiled quilt in your dream, signifies carelessness in dress and manner.

A lot of what you say resonates with me, definately there are some worries about new things, new outlooks and new steps into the unknown in my life right now. A lot of soul searching and internal examination. The snow makes sense, it feels a bit like walking alone here sometimes, having the courage to get out there and do something but also acknowledging that the safe, home environment needs attention too.

Hephasteus said:
This is saying that things aren't quite what they seem between you and neighbor. It seems to indicate that she is suppressing something and wishes to talk it over with you. You go to the outside to help her but instead she comes into your conciousness your house. This sort of seems to say that you pick up she is suppressing something, and want to help her with it but since your house is full of dirty blankets that you will go about it in a sort of careless manner.

The neighbour in my dream was not my real-life neighbour, in fact it was someone I don't really know in real life but in my mind, she is very loving of animals but would not allow them into her pristine home because she prides herself on that also. The meaning to me suggests that I take note of putting appearances above other things.

Dirty blankets also suggest outdated or old ways of comfort and protection that need to be released. That makes a lot of sense to me.

Thankyou for your ideas, lots to think about.

Milfoil

Debra said:
Milfoil, I want to echo the thanks for insights you've so freely shared on this forum. I don't know what your dreams might mean but I wonder how they make you feel...anxious, nervous, worried? Do they seem funny and amusing? Light? Heavy? The emotional content may be as important or more so than the "story" or symbols.

Thankyou Debra - I'm moved by your words.

I felt, upon waking, fractious, unsettled and confused. Like being in a hall of mirrors and although its a safe environment its still uncomfortable seeing yourself in such odd angles and not knowing how to get out!

Thankyou, that helped me to see another facet of this.

:)

Milfoil

Hephasteus said:
Workshop
To see a workshop in you dream, represents the development of your skills. You are trying to understand your Self and find out who you are.

Oooh yes - that makes sense.

Hephasteus said:
Dust
To see dust in your dream, suggest that aspects of yourself have been ignored or neglected.

The oven represents nurturing aspects and even womb

Sheep are the conforming masses.

Pie is a symbol for the whole. The entirety of all life.

Interesting and apt, so much is going on right now which is new to me and which is both being nurtured and nurturing in-of its nature.

Hephasteus said:
Feces
To see or come in contact with feces, signifies aspects of yourself that are dirty and negative and which you believe to be undesirable and repulsive. You need to acknowledge and express these feelings, even though it may be shameful. Release the negativity in your life. Alternatively, it may also refer to someone who is anal retentive.

I didn't come into contact with or see any feces but I get your point, the fact that their hooves could potentially contaminate it suggests something else. Treading on good nourishment, allowing things to get out of control - that makes sense. The right thing in the wrong place or wrong time . . . .

Hephasteus said:
Baking is a creative effort.

This dream seems to be saying that old skills that have brought us closer together spiritually aren't working and were more for public appeal than anything and new skills and new creations will be made in the cast iron oven (fire of creation) to bring us closer together because the repulsive aspects of the pie keep people from experiencing our totality. Probably something to do with change into age of aquarius. You said yourself it was like a joiners shop. So you're bringing in alot of religious symbols. Carpentry, sheep etc.

Yes and thats not the half of it . . .

The old ways are the foundation but need to be brought up to date perhaps?

Thankyou for your time and help - much to ponder and ruminate on! (ha - sorry about the pun).

:)

Milfoil

Syrah said:
I'm not Christian, and so not particularly versed in Christian symbolism. But I do know that Jesus is also known as the "lamb of God" (for dream number 3). And when you spoke of going up a hill in dream number 4, I thought of Jesus carrying his cross up a hill. Do you feel as though you're making a lot of sacrifices in your life? Or perhaps that you're sacrificing time you would normally devote to a person or an activity?

Yes and I often feel guilty if I spend work time doing 'learning' or 'healing' things then feel guilty again if I can't put in the time for learning, meditation etc because house-work, gardening or such demands that I sort that out. Finding the balance is tricky.

Syrah said:
For dreams #1 and #2 - laundry is traditionally thought of as "woman's work". And pregnancy is the ultimate "woman's work" I suppose. Are you feeling bogged down by mundane tasks?

Putting them together - a sense of being overwhelmed by tasks you may not want to do, causing you to sacrifice time normally spent with something or someone you love?

Yes, thats a good synopsis of life right now but with a whole lot more stuff on top too (just for good measure).

Its odd that several of you have picked up on mainstream (Christian) religious symbols. I don't follow that path but found myself, this morning, being given another distinct 'Old Testament' symbol of a multi coloured coat. I think I am possibly being asked to look less harshly on my Christian background and reconcile that part of me with who I am now perhaps?

Thankyou for you ideas, it means a lot that so many have come to help when I needed it.

Thankyou.

memries

I agree with you, all the replies were so original and innovative. It was a difficult dream with many levels but then you are a complex person striving to walk an original path of discovery and growth. So many various points came up.

Your posts are always interesting Milfoil and thank you for all the help you have given me over the years as well. I would love to meet you if ever I come back to England. If you ever come here let me know. Thank you.

Milfoil

memries said:
I agree with you, all the replies were so original and innovative. It was a difficult dream with many levels but then you are a complex person striving to walk an original path of discovery and growth. So many various points came up.

Your posts are always interesting Milfoil and thank you for all the help you have given me over the years as well. I would love to meet you if ever I come back to England. If you ever come here let me know. Thank you.

Thankyou (again - I am blushing here).

Well I plan (rubs hands) to come over to Canada in the next year or so. Meet with some of my Aeclectic sisters (and brothers!) that side of the pond. So you never know . . . ;)

memries

How totally super ! I am sure I will hear about it and if you come to this side of the country then it could come to pass. Mi-Shell is not that far from me by car ! Or maybe somewhere more accessible for everyone else.

We had a nice group when we went to Kleinburg. It was just so hot as I recall.

lark

I know what I said probably sounded strange, but I am finding more and more that if a dream doesn't seem to make sense in my immediate world and life I look ouside at the big picture.
Often we pick up things in dreams that are going on in the world...it's like we feel the wave of change or unrest as it it coming in and is still only a ripple.
So your weird dream maybe a conglomeration of parts of things going on or about to go on in the world at large.

I look for symbols that immediatly make part of the dream pop up in my mind...like when I'm watching or reading news.
And then I know that particular dream was a pre-manifestation of a world event.
It takes a little practice to open up awareness like this, but after a while it become second nature.
And it is surprising and fun. :)

And certainly not to dismiss all the wonderful answers you've gotten in this thread...you are on an very intense, amazing path so it could all relate to that...just to throw out there that sometimes a dream is a tool for self growth and sometimes it's a tool for picking up outside vibrations.

Milfoil

Oh absolutely, its too easy to forget that isn't it?

Well, lets see how the actors strike goes and if it bears any relation to what came up in my dreams. Should be fun.

I do have to say though that neither Nicholas Cage or Tom Cruise are on my 'wish list'. ;) They seem to be metaphors more than heartthrobs in my case.

Now Patrick Stewart . . . thats another matter . . . . . .

:laugh: