One spread for different kinds of questions??

Strength

oh, i have another question, maybe not entirely in line with this one, but here is goes:

sometimes when i do a spread which uses "things you are good at" or "strong points" or "your goal" something like that and i draw a very negative card like ten or nine of swords, i wonder what i am supposed to do with that?? how can i interpret that??

tmgrl2

I use two or three spreads...my own, which is five-card...a horseshoe, sometimes a CC, but not often...and some three-card spreads....I just got the book Umbrae recommended about three-card spreads...looking forward to it.

Re your last question...you have to get quiet and just wait for the words to come....on those "difficult" cards. I'm not always right on them myself. I had a Ten of Wands recently that jumped at me with a downside meaning, which actually was a flip of the meaning in the "root" position....just do your best and interact with client as a process.

We're not right all the time. The cards are the right ones though, I believe!!

terri

Grizabella

If I already had a goal and I got a ten of wands for "your goal", I might think it meant that my goal was biting off a little more than I could chew or that it was something I'd want to be aware that I could overburden myself with or overwork at if I weren't careful. If I got 9 of swords in that position and I didn't already have a goal, I'd take it to mean I was worrying too much about having a goal and that I should back off and not get so stressed about it.

Strength

well, that is certainly a positive way of looking at it.......hadnt thought of that.......I just thought ten of swords was a very negative card to have.....boy its difficult!

Sulis

Strength said:
I just thought ten of swords was a very negative card to have.....boy its difficult!
10s are related to the Wheel of Fortune and signify then end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one.
I'd say if you got the 10 of Swords in a positive position it would mean that the worst is over and the only way is up....