Opinions on: Tarot Spreads

What is your opinion about tarot spreads?

• I prefer the classics. (Three card, Celtic Cross, Twelve Houses)

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • I like to use all kinds of spreads people have made.

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • I tend to make up my own spreads to suit the needs of the reading.

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • Spreads?? We don’t need no stinkin’ spreads!!!!

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • None of the above, my opinion is…….

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

mercenary30

I am wondering what you all think about the concept of the spread and their use. Please feel free to elaborate on your vote or explain why you chose the last option.

FantasyWorld

I voted all kinds of spreads. There are times though when I don't use no stinkin spread:D

DollieAnna

badges?...

I voted make up my own, cos you get all kinds of questions...

Cagedflame

I almost always make up my own to fit the occasion, or slightly alter the ascending pyramid spread I made to fit the query.

Nevada

I answered, "I tend to make up my own spreads to suit the needs of the reading," but I actually just have a few favorites I've developed that I work with most of the time. If the question doesn't fit one of those, then I make one up or (very rarely) look up a classic or novelty spread.

Imagemaker

I could have picked all the options--what I do depends on the question, the timing, and my intuition.

Raven Reed

I like using all different spreads, but I will make up my own if I can't find one that matches what I need.

Solty Dog

I like using all types of spreads. This is only because I found 3 different ways to lay out the good ol' CC. (I'm sure there are many more than that). And since my memory has more holes in it than...than...that cheese with the holes in it :) , its easier to remember spreads with descriptive names, ie. traffic light spread, dinner table spread, etc.

B.S. Dog

Majecot

I voted "Spreads?? We don’t need no stinkin’ spreads!!!! " Cuz I just liked the way that sounded ;)

Acutally I am kinda lazy that way and stick pretty much to your basic three card variety with an occasional five card blend thrown in for good measure. And every so often if I feel really ambitious, or if I feel the situation warrants, I will do the ole' standby CC.

WalesWoman

I voted I tend to make my own spreads to suit the question. But that is usually after looking at lots and lots of great spreads other people have done, sometimes taking bits and pieces from the ones I really like and rephrasing them fit the question.