Opinions on: Tarot Spreads

What is your opinion about tarot spreads?

• I prefer the classics. (Three card, Celtic Cross, Twelve Houses)

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • I like to use all kinds of spreads people have made.

Votes: 65 53.3%
  • I tend to make up my own spreads to suit the needs of the reading.

Votes: 34 27.9%
  • Spreads?? We don’t need no stinkin’ spreads!!!!

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • None of the above, my opinion is…….

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters

Simone

I also tend to make up my own spreads to fit the reading :) but if I hit something particularly interesting, I share it here for others to try out. I ought to post about my chakra readings, by the way ;) but it takes a lot of time to formulate how I do them. The spread in itself is simple, but the interpretation draws from several sources, so in order for the readings to be deep, I'd need to explain it all in detail which would end up in being a book....

In the same vein, I often browse these forums to see if I can fond something interesting here I could try out :) but usually in the end I don't really do it or, if I do, I rephrase it to my needs and more than once it ends up being a different spread which has been influenced by some great soul here :D

moonsong

I am the lone vote for the classics.... I'm still new at this, and the consistency and traditional nature of these spreads has helped my focus. But I have also begun to use some variations created by others that help with specific issues. I particularly like some of the daily spread ideas I have found on this forum. The people here amaze me with their insight and skill!

mooncat2

:D
There's an idiot in every poll!

I voted none of the above but what I meant was ......at different times and in different circumstances I might use any of the above.

rainwolf

I make my own spreads, use classics, and sometimes dont use any spread, so i wouldve chosen 3 if able. However i chose make my own because i do that most often now a days.

Good example is my yes no spread that people liked once they did it and found out how easy it was...all me! :)

Dont feel like an idiot mooncat...i wouldve voted taht if i had thought about it more.

snowy25

I voted all kinds of spreads people make because it would include the classic spreads, spreads used and created by others as well as my own spreads.
If someone has a problem/ question that doesn't suit a spread I know I will just make a spread up and go with that.
My theory; if it works it works!

Ulfdis

I like to use all kinds of spreads, but...
I am a creature of habit. I tend to settle on a few spreads that I really like. They're not necessarily classics, but they are a regular thing for me. That being said, I sometimes feel that I'm in a rut and I'll try to master a couple of new spreads.

psychic sue

I voted use all kinds of spreads.

The old classics are great and very effective, but some of the new ones I have tried are amazing and get straight to the point.

Another reason this forum is so brilliant - sharing each other's knowledge.

Thanks everyone :)

Emily

I like to try out spreads that people have made up on here and on other sites - I do like the old classics but I find that sometimes spreads that other people have made up work as well if not better and can be finetuned to fit the situation you are asking about.

I do have a couple of spread books but can honestly say I like the spreads on here much better.

Chronata

I voted none of the above...because it is all of the above!

I use my own spreads...and borrow those I like, I also do freeform, and no spread reading too.
And those damn three card spreads...sometimes I just can't get away from those! :D

tmgrl2

None of the above ...or all of the above...

I like traditional spread...like the CC...

When I read for live sitters, though, I mostly use my own spread, sometimes pulling cards to clarify after the first five, and then, if there is time at the end, I use a deck, to do a short two-card spread.

I decide when the person comes to my office.

Basically, though, I only use a few spreads. Three to five or six cards ...sometimes with two cards per position.

It's fun to try out new ones here when a circle opens, but when I do readings, I find I work best with the limited few I know by heart.

terri