PCS Tarot in a tin is here!

Madrigal

My Centennial in a tin arrived today from direct from USG. Wonderful tin, a beloved deck, great stock (made in China, like the recent Radiant in a tin) ... another triumph for US Games. :thumbsup:

:party: cheers!

The Happy Squirrel

Madrigal's pic really enabled me. They look so nice and vintage-y. I am loving the darkish worn hue. (Normally, I rather dislike this deck.....)

FLizarraga

Mine arrived today. It's as nice as the regular size one, cardstock and all. And that's a lot to say, since IMHO this is probably the best of the mass editions of the RWS.

My one and only gripe gripe: Same as rwcarter above with the Radiant: BORDERS. Why? They are not huge, but why are they there? This would have made a wonderful borderless mini. As it is, I'm deciding whether to trim it or not; it would probably look nicer, but would be also annoyingly loose inside the tin.... :rolleyes:

Laura Borealis

If you trimmed the regular one, would it fit in the tin?

Asher

Beautiful!

UPS just left my door...I nearly grabbed the package from the driver's hand!

I love this version of the deck (and have since the Commemorative set came out) almost as much as my Pam B deck. My full size has seen a lot of use over the years, so I'm glad to have the smaller one to carry around with me.

The borders do not bother me at all. And the 2 extra cards featuring Pixie's non-Tarot art are a delight to have.

FLizarraga

The borders do not bother me at all. And the 2 extra cards featuring Pixie's non-Tarot art are a delight to have.

I had a senior moment when I pulled the last card and I was like, "This 10 of Pentacles looks bizarre... An old lady instead of the old man? WHAAAAAAAAA.... Oh." :rolleyes:

They are quite beautiful. I framed the pictures that came with the regular deck, and Pixie's photograph --I tell people Pixie is my grandmother. And she could have been --Grandma was born only a few years later than her.

FLizarraga

Pics please, good sir.

Your wish is my command, dear madam. :)

The lighting makes the coloration of both decks appear quite different. In fact, they are identical, or almost identical --the regular size may look a millionth of a shade murkier, but only because it's used, I suppose.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 152
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 152