Pictures of my homemade Runes

Hooked on TdM

I have had a bit of interest from some in what my runes look like. So I took a few pictures of a few different sets.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/BBwolfie/Tarot/Variousrunes.jpg

The top right set (which is coloured) is the Anglo-Saxon set. I was experimenting with colours to match. No I do not normally colour my sets. The bottom left is the Elder Futhark, and the bottom right is the Medieval Healing set. All the bags, ties, book meanings, and the little cloth are also handmade. I also put together a mini book on different bindrunes, layouts and associations. They are all made out of wood (which I cut and sand myself.) Most of the are oak. Then I wood burn the symbols on them.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/BBwolfie/Tarot/Anglorunes.jpg

This is a close up the colour experiment! lol

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii23/BBwolfie/Tarot/ElderFuthark.jpg

This is a close up of the Elders.. sorry it didn't turn out too good.

Anyways there they are. Enjoy!

Hooked

Anam Cara

Very, VERY nice TdM!!!
Not only are they lovely, but they look like
they feel very good in your hand, too - which
to me is as important, maybe MORE important,
thank what they look like!

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
:heart:cara

Milfoil

Lovely and a lot of time and care has clearly gone into making them.

How do they feel to read with?

inanna_tarot

they look fabulous!

What wood did u use for them?
And I love the coloured set, makes it look more individual and 'you'

Bernice

Hello Hot,

Never knew you liked runes! I love 'em - the Elder Furthark that is, without a blank rune. :)

Have you tried the pastry/cookie ones? Lot's of fiddling then bake 'em - then eat 'em in a meditative muse. (It's fun, and can be quite enlightening).

Bee

Guiding Cauldron

lovely, well done!

I've never heard of teh medievl healing set, I'd love to find more information about them, take care and bright bless xoxo

Hooked on TdM

:) thanks everyone.

As for what wood I use, mostly I use oak. It's a very VERY hard wood, but they look so beautiful! lol They are very warm to use. They suck in whatever energy you have about you. I agree that how they feel is very important.. trust me after hours of sanding! LOL

Bee: I haven't done a Rune reading in a long time! lol But I used to use them all the time. And no stupid blank rune. I like the old ways best and it's reflected in my work. I have heard of the cookie ones, but never tried it.. LOL Instead I started making rune necklaces and all sorts of weird stuff. You'd be amazed at the stuff I have made and shipped to whomever I fancied just because! :)

The medieval healing set is more of a set for mediation or magic work. They are quite beautiful to work with. I have a few more sets I make than what I show but those are the only sets I had made currently. :)

Glad you all liked them.
Hooked

Le Fanu

Very nice. Well done! Ive been getting back into runes again recently, and bought a nice wooden set. I know that if Id made them myself as you did, instead of buying them, they would mean a whole lot more. But I like them anyway. Yours, though, are much more personal.

I wish there was more talk here of runes. I do searches and apart from the meanings, there don´t seem to be many threads. Id love to know how others work with them, how they cast them, store them, incorporate them into their day...

Bernice

Hi Le Fanu,

Have you tried creating bind-runes with them? Best results are if you 'let' the runes guide/impress you. But this would primarily be for magical purposes.

However you could extend a personal rune-set by incorporating your own bind-runes, and then use them for divination.... ?

Bee

starrystarrynight

Very nice...I really like the looks of the colored ones, actually!