Weird dream/experience

kazza

I was wondering whether someone could help me work out my dream/experience I had. Last night as I was trying to get to sleep, I started dreaming that I was looking in my wardrobe for some clothes to wear when I felt like the floor was moving or felt like I could feel strong vibrations through it, my sister came to my bedroom door and said "did you feel that" then she walked away towards the front door, the floor started moving alot then and I started hearing this loud noise sort of like a whipper snipper, wondering whether it was outside I looked at my cats on the bed to see if they were reacting to the noise and they weren't. I started getting really scared as the noise was so loud so I started calling my sister and walked towards the front door, where I couldn't reach it as I started to raise above the ground, I was calling my sister louder and louder but now was floating above my bed upright but yet was not touching the ceiling in fact I don't remember even seeing a ceiling. I was scared at what was happening and I think I remember thinking am I dreaming. Then in real life I opened my eyes and was so glad that I was in bed. Throughout the dream the noise I could hear was very loud, and the room around me when I was floating was sort of smoky or not clear. This experience felt so real and vivid.

I've read that the can be an out of body experience, but I've also read that it's suppose to feel good, but I was scared, and I haven't read anything about hearing loud noises with it or feeling vibrations in the floor. Has anybody ever had an experience like this or know whether it was just a strange dream or that maybe I was having an OBE. I would appreciate anybody's ideas.

GenoviaJ

the first time can be scary, especially floating over your body in bed. I dont believe anytime feels good- i think you get used to it.

memries

Yes, I have and always thought the noise was like a giant buzzing. You describe it as a whipper snipper. Same idea.
I think you had some sort of Astral Projection or were just at the beginning of it. I guess the word OBE is apt not just sure about that.
Your fear to be doing what you were doing brought you back.

It is a very real, vivid experience and one you will not forget. Especially seeing yourself in bed is shocking.

You should try to read about it and glean what you can from the experience and realize that these things do happen and they are not, "just in our mind".

kazza

Thanks for your reply. Do you think the vibrations in the floor are been part of it, has anyone ever had that. I saw myself above my bed but I didn't actually see myself in it. It feels sort of strange that I could of had something like this, does anyone know what it suppose to mean or what it the purpose of it.

memries

One meaning is that it shows you there are other dimensions in life of which you are not aware !

The other is that you may learn to control it and use it for your benefit ?

The other is that the more you learn about it and understand it the broader minded you will be ?

Lots of good reasons really and more I can't even think about.

Also I never had the floor shake but that was interesting. Maybe someone else has.

If you are afraid it will not probably recur.

Mellifluous

I've experienced something similar. No vibrations, sounds, or other people involved though. Maybe you were dreaming simultaneously?

The me that was floating above looked smoky and transparent, the room looked the same as always. Also, it was a very nice feeling at first, 'til I got scared thinking I must be dying or something. lol I resisted and jerked myself awake. Only afterwards did I think what it must have been. I figured it must be astral travel. *shrugs*

When that started happening to me, I used to say this prayer every night as I fell asleep. I set an intention that if I did astral travel while asleep, that I would have a quick and easy exit and re-entry of my body. No fear or discomfort, and I'd be completely unaware of it and remain asleep. Also, there was a bit about only travelling to loving, healing, restorative places so you use the time wisely. I rarely say the prayer anymore because I haven't had any problems with it for a long time, but it really did help. :)

euphoria

I've been longing for an OBE or AP for a while, but at the same time, I am afraid of what I will experience. I know fear is the biggest thing holding me back, because as soon as I feel like I'm close, I start to wonder if I should really be messing around with this kind of stuff. I'll have to try it during the day so I'm less paranoid.

memries

It is my opinion that we all have them anyway when we dream. It is just that we are not consciously aware of doing so. Being conscious or in an awake state enables you to more decide direction of the happening.

Mellifluous

They happen during sleep anyway, I think. You could set an intention or ask/pray to remember your travels when you wake up. Though we occasionally remember anyway, intention or no. :)

kazza

I just doing a bit of reading up on the subject and it said that alot of people experience OBE's when they've had a near death experience, and I have to say the night after I had this I was a little scared about going to sleep.

I don't think think this is the first time I've had one but this one I remember with great detail, the one's I've had before I remember hearing the similiar noise that I heard but I never elevated off the floor like this one and don't really remember as many details but remember I felt the same after and during that off being scared. Also I remember from these that I had the feeling like I was going to pass out, is that normal, has anyone ever felt like that during a OBE. Also is it possible for you not to be able to reconnect with your body, of course I know this means death, but what if they could happen.