Planet Series: The SUN & MARS

rcb30872

Both my Mars and Sun is in Virgo, but there are 2 degrees and 34 minutes difference. Where my sun is 7 degrees 24 minutes, and mars is 9 degrees and 58 minutes. Does that mean 2 degrees and 34 minutes, or 357 degrees and 26 minutes???

After looking at the performer and the prophet, I feel that the prophet fits me a bit better.

Are we just looking at the positional difference between the sun and the planet we are currently looking at, in this case Mars? I am finding all this talk about the different houses just adding to my confusion. I have noticed that we put our birth chart data up, you did ask not for us to include houses, and what not.

:love:

Bec

WhiteRaven

rcb30872 said:
Both my Mars and Sun is in Virgo, but there are 2 degrees and 34 minutes difference. Where my sun is 7 degrees 24 minutes, and mars is 9 degrees and 58 minutes. Does that mean 2 degrees and 34 minutes, or 357 degrees and 26 minutes???

After looking at the performer and the prophet, I feel that the prophet fits me a bit better.

Are we just looking at the positional difference between the sun and the planet we are currently looking at, in this case Mars? I am finding all this talk about the different houses just adding to my confusion. I have noticed that we put our birth chart data up, you did ask not for us to include houses, and what not.

Bec

I'm wondering the same thing at this point. I might have made a mistake by saying I was in the Prophet Phase but that Phase fits me better than the Performer Phase too.

dadsnook2000

For stardancer

With your Mars so active in your personality, we have to look for outlets in your chart. Mars' strongest aspects are, of course, the opposition to Venus and Jupiter. I feel awkward saying you should divert your energies into having a more active sex life -- as is suggested by combining Venus-Mars-Jupiter but those symbologies might help. So, lets explore further. You had mentioned martial arts, which is not a bad outlet. Something along physical therapy or personal fittness instruction could go along with the 6-12 house areas. When we consider Sun conjunct Neptune and that active Mars we start to get some sense of creativity -- Neptune bring imagination, Mars brings action and energy to start new things, Venus offers a perspective of harmony and beauty which Jupiter supports through socialness and larger-than-life drama.

We can also look for a Sun-Mars mid-point -- not an easy thing to find in your chart until we involve the Moon. In the mid-point system we use a 90 degree chart -- the wheel is folded onto itself such that Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn are all treated as occupying the first 30 degrees, the next set of four signs being placed into the 30 to 60 degree segment, and the mutable signs placed in the last 60 to 90 degree segment. All conjunctions, squares and oppositions then show up as "conjunctions" on this chart, all semi-squares and sesquiquadrates show up as oppositions. Very tight orbs are used. In your chart (placed in this chart form) your Sun-Mars mid-point is occupied by the Moon. Moon brings habit patterns, emotions, rhythm into the picture.

So, using these several factors, I would suggest you spend some thinking about which of these can power your lifestyle through work, creativity or some other form of outlet. Again, to review, the 6th -- 12th house axis for either health or physical activity areas -- Sun, Neptune, Mars, Venus, Jupiter for creative endeavors (creating toys, water-related products, animations or public displays/projects for the community to enjoy or use), or physical activity that involves rhythm (swimming, exercise, music). These might be helpful to meditate upon. Dave

rcb30872

Oops, just read your post properly, shall have to go to the chart that I have had done, to get the houses.

Sun in 7th House
Sun Conjunction Mars
Mars in 7th House

That is if I have read it right.

Bec

dadsnook2000

For rcb30872

With your Mars just 2 1/2 degrees ahead of your Sun, you have a conjunction to deal with The phase relationships are useful when there is no tight aspect to deal with -- in your case, you have Sun conjunct Mars which is tends to have a very powerful expression in most charts.

All of the keywords one finds in standard astrology books are likely to fit you. By itself, these two power plants would push you towards success through your own efforts as you don't like to wait for decisions or for the "system" to provide answers or direction. You may take on too much in your rush to participate in life, but rush forward you will. Energy, anger, physical activity, courage, all of these are part of your make up.

As for houses, no I didn't ask for them because I wasn't sure where these series of threads were going or whether this list had enough members that wanted to get into the more serious sides of astrology. So, I just figured I'd start by providing a place to put basic data and/or birth chart data. For someone like me who has often run 50 or 60 charts a week, it is nothing to run a chart, look at it for a minute, and then just use it or talk about it. That ease of working with astrology just comes with time and lots of practice. I'll take a look at your chart later and see what might lead you to identify with the Prophet Phase. Dealing with the conjuction, would, at first impression, make me curious about how you handle all that energy. Talk later. Dave

rcb30872

Thanks Dave

I guess the reason why I thought that was the case is that I had a career in Science, well, sort of, and I gave that up just last year. So, when you said that there is a change in your life, that really, is the only reason, why I said that. Just reading what my own chart has to say, I would have to agree, that I do seem more of the Performer.

Bec

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
--- giving up one life and moving to another life significator --- achieving in one arena and then moving on to seek something different --- one uses past abilities in some way to bring about new situations.

This is fitting in regards to what is going on in my life right now. Although, in my case it wouldn't be the "achieving" in one arena to move to the next. Taking the experiences of the past to bring about the "new" situation.

You blend this with the 9th house meanings and you might consider moving into another line of study, applying learned information to new fields of study, or helping others in different fields of endeavor. Of course, this is only one aspect of your chart.

Dave

This is like my Programmer Anaylst knowledge that I don't use at all and where I'm headed into Psychology and Holistic fields. I'm not too sure how I would blend one into the other because of such a difference between the two....other than what I do in the "now" in regards to online life and AT..which would branch from my knowledge in computers seeing this is how I discovered this "online" life....and have discovered that I wish to continue my education in the Pyschology and Holistic fields. But that is stretching this a bit I feel.

star-lover

ACTIVIST PHASE: 90 to 135 degrees.
This phase has an urge to act, to be, to personally demonstrate their skills and level of energy. While the first PERFORMER phase lives in a perpetual flow of crises-events, the ACTIVIST phase person picks battles to prove themselves and to achieve certain goals.

thats me
exact square sun-mars - major major force in my life always
gives me ALL sorts of trouble but i love it
though wouldnt agree that there is no tenderness in mars - my mars in cancer trine venus in libra and neptune in scorpio- plenty there lol :)

dadsnook2000

For star-lover

When we explore these combinations we have always focus on just the two planets/symbols involved. In that sense, Mars is angry and can't always be trusted. When we bring in other aspects and considerations, as we do when we analyze a whole chart, then Mars' meaning is obviously modified -- sometimes greatly. I can remember one chart from a long time ago where analysis showed that Mars was very tender and out-giving. That lady said this was the only time in her astrological experience when someone nailed her Mars and its role in her chart -- even she couldn't see it although she was a fairly serious student of the stars. So, we always have to be flexible and deeply personal and caring when we read a chart for someone. Dave

PS, glad to see you have those Mars modifiers going for you.

star-lover

thanks dave yes those modifiers are perfect lol

re anger and grrrrrrrrr i see that more in moon square pluto or mercury square mars
thats a rough one

ok digressing here