Planet Series: The SUN & MARS

isthmus nekoi

dadsnook2000 said:
PERFORMER PHASE: 0 to 45 degrees.
This phase is all thouse things that early-studies students assign to the the meaning of Sun-in-Aries. This is the primal fighter, the one who throws himself or herself into life's experience with exhuberance, the downhill skier throwing himself down hill in a rush and launching out into the air.

I have this w/sun in 12th, Mars in 1st. I have also read the "sun in Aries" interpretation many times given the 1st house emphasis. I think there's a marked qualitative difference, but there's overlap in some principles, yes.

Sun's in cautious Capricorn plus lots of Saturn contacts in my chart, so I tend to err on the risk-conservative end in terms of behaviour EXCEPT for two areas in which the phase relationship describes me very very well:

1) the unconscious/gods/emotions etc. Here I tend to follow the adage, "do first, analyze later." Sometimes I think I'm an introverted adrenaline junkie b/c I find the fear the unconscious often evokes can be such a total RUSH. Also, I have a very high tolerance for pain, both physical and emotional; the threat of being hurt, being heart broken, being completely terrified etc. isn't enough to deter me.
2) sex. Which is not to say that I am irresponsible - I've got picky-picky health and disease conscious Virgo cusping 8th afterall lol.

Crystelle

Crystelle - Sun @ 23 Sag, Mars @ 29 Virgo

Dadsnook said:
Sun and Mars are almost exactly three signs apart. Sun at 23 Sag, Mars at 29 Virgo, a square aspect and 87 degrees apart. Because Mars is actually in a square aspect, 3 degrees from being exact, I'd place you into the CHANGER PHASE. Your Mars has moved 267 degrees ahead of the natal Sun at birth. This is a powerful chart element.

CHANGER PHASE: 270 to 315 degrees.
In this phase, it seems the Sun and Mars have better learned to manage their paired engergies. This is a leadership position, a means/skill/ability to inspire others by ones own efforts and achievements. Because of the power of these two astrological bodies, inspire and lead may be overly mild words. Perhaps the words urge, show, or do-this might be better.
** Serena Williams, 312 degrees, one of two sister tennis stars.
** Ruth Westhiemer, 300 degrees, grandmother who counsels others on sex issues.
Aspects in this phase: Closing square, Sextile, Closing Semi-square.

LOL! Oh Dadsnook! I am indeed a show-er! My manager had explained this very thing when I was informed of my laid off date this month. She explained -- Crystelle you are not a support person, you'd rather show someone how to do something and then have them do it. There are only support positions available and I think that you would become very frustrated in such a position; this is why we think it'd be better to let you go! I couldn't agree more!

I do find that I am rather annoyed when there isn't a leader in a situation. I think I approach group dynamics as what I think of as a Sag attitude -- laidback, easy-going. However, when there is no census or leadership is needed, I jump in and grab the reins. I have learned the hard way that I cannot control everything and sometimes it is good for someone else to steer, but I cannot handle it when the situation is left to its own devices -- someone must be in control!

SirenRising

BELIEVER PHASE: 225 to 270 degrees.
This "Honest Man" phase, with the Sun and Mars involved, portrays one who acts within his/her own value system in terms of expressing themselves and making their way in the world. While the Sun can be frank and honest in its workings, Mars can't be trusted. Actions sometimes seem inconsistent with ones character or stated prupose -- usually one learns and adjusts quickly to life and other's reluctance to just stand by.
** Slobadan Milosevic, 234 degrees
Aspects in this phase: Sesquiduadrate, Trine, Closing Square

I think this is it

WhiteRaven

I'm sure I"ve made a mistake and my placement isn't in the "Prophet Phase"....but I can not relate to the Performer phase at all....which puzzles me because the rest of the series so far has been dead on. :confused:

Conjunction Sun-Mars, orb = 07°47'

dadsnook2000

There is another, stronger reason . . .

White Raven, your observation about the PERFORMER PHASE not fitting you is quite understandable. The problem is not in the system I have presented in these threads but in a very significant pattern in your chart.

Around your MC angle you have three planets. Venus conjuncts Saturn in your 10th house. Relating to others, treasuring acquisitions, enjoying life is all dampened by Saturn's sense of limitation, conservatism and not wanting to be in the forefront of things. Just on the other side of your MC axis is Mars -- which we can consider as being a 10th house planet due to its closeness to the MC. Mars at the MC wants to make decisions, to organize and persevere in its efforts. Combine what Mars wants with what Saturn allows and you have a diminished abiltiy to concentrate and act in a timely fashion -- sometimes you are overly hasty, at other times you delay. Venus wants, Saturn delays, Mars acts? There are some real conflicts here which I'm sure you are aware of and have had some success in working out solutions to these inclinations.

However, the pattern just doesn't support the performer phase expectations. I'd say your Performer Phase has been overridden by the MC group. Mix this in with the Prophet Phase for your Sun and Moon, and you probably were too quick to accept your descision-action problems when you were younger. The redeeming feature in the chart is that you seem to find opportunities through those you come into unexpected contact with. You have a kind nature and people warm up to that really fast. So, I see this as a "balancing factor." Dave.

WhiteRaven

dadsnook2000 said:
White Raven, your observation about the PERFORMER PHASE not fitting you is quite understandable. The problem is not in the system I have presented in these threads but in a very significant pattern in your chart.

Around your MC angle you have three planets. Venus conjuncts Saturn in your 10th house. Relating to others, treasuring acquisitions, enjoying life is all dampened by Saturn's sense of limitation, conservatism and not wanting to be in the forefront of things. Just on the other side of your MC axis is Mars -- which we can consider as being a 10th house planet due to its closeness to the MC. Mars at the MC wants to make decisions, to organize and persevere in its efforts. Combine what Mars wants with what Saturn allows and you have a diminished abiltiy to concentrate and act in a timely fashion -- sometimes you are overly hasty, at other times you delay. Venus wants, Saturn delays, Mars acts? There are some real conflicts here which I'm sure you are aware of and have had some success in working out solutions to these inclinations.

However, the pattern just doesn't support the performer phase expectations. I'd say your Performer Phase has been overridden by the MC group. Mix this in with the Prophet Phase for your Sun and Moon, and you probably were too quick to accept your descision-action problems when you were younger. The redeeming feature in the chart is that you seem to find opportunities through those you come into unexpected contact with. You have a kind nature and people warm up to that really fast. So, I see this as a "balancing factor." Dave.

Thank you Dave.....well....this is pretty dead on all the way around....and yes, as I get older it seems to pan out a hell of a lot better than when I was younger....I think that has something to do with the art of "patience" that one lacks when they are younger....as to the delay....would be the "fear" factor because of the previous "hasty" move that got me into trouble in the first place....LOL.....It IS quite a balancing act ....but I do feel that age improves these things....and a method of taking things one step at a time and keeping focused on the "now". I appreciate that you took a closer look at this because I was quite confused as to why I couldn't relate to the Performer Phase.....now I see why.

paradoxx

dadsnook2000 said:
PERFORMER PHASE: 0 to 45 degrees.
This phase is all thouse things that early-studies students assign to the the meaning of Sun-in-Aries. This is the primal fighter, the one who throws himself or herself into life's experience with exhuberance, the downhill skier throwing himself down hill in a rush and launching out into the air. Think of these people as prime examples of this phase relationship:

Since my Mars and Sun are both in Gemini, I perform with my voice and ability to communicate, and my ability to make money with my communication ability is (in my opinion) almost unmatched. The Mars/Sun comparison to sun in Aries is also quite accurate, I have always found the interpretations of Sun in Aries to match my mental and physical drive if not my overall personality, I now feel more aware of my own limitations and advantages.

dadsnook2000

Almost Forgot -- Mars Retrograde

I seemed to have overlooked the impact or possible impact that Mars might have in terms of a phase relationship with the Sun when Mars is retrograde in the natal chart. Lets try to address that somewhat at this point.

Using the recent Mars retrograde period (Oct.-to-Dec.-2005) we can see that Mars turns retrograde at 23 Taurus, with the Sun at 7 Libra, on Oct. 1st, 2005. This gives us an angular seperation of 215 degrees, near the end of the Seeker Phase. Mars turns direct again on Dec. 10th, 2005 at 8 degrees Taurus with the Sun at 18 Sag., an angular seperation of about 110 degrees -- deep into the Activist Phase. What can we symbolically make of this?

This retrograde phase suggests that by the time we have experienced the Seeker Phase (most of it, anyways) we come to the realization that Mars' rough and ready approach to life's actions and expression of will could use some more refinement. Mars retraces its steps, accordingly -- perhaps reluctantly because Mars doesn't like to backtrack and do things twice -- and passes back through the Analyst Phase where skills and tactics are reworked. Then, just to test Mar's ability to retain its true character even though it has now been better equiped and trained, Mars experiences the need to struggle with what it has done and to clean it up, reorder things. Only then can Mars now proceed with its natural course of development and experience.

So, we have a few list participant's where Mars might be natally retrograde.
Using just the list data provided without reference to the charts, the following might have Mars retrograde:
** star-lover
** squeakmo9
** Oak Dragon
** helvetica
** stardancer

If you have a retrograde Mars perhaps we can share and discuss how the phase relationships might be modified to some degree. Dave.

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
I seemed to have overlooked the impact or possible impact that Mars might have in terms of a phase relationship with the Sun when Mars is retrograde in the natal chart. Lets try to address that somewhat at this point.

Using the recent Mars retrograde period (Oct.-to-Dec.-2005) we can see that Mars turns retrograde at 23 Taurus, with the Sun at 7 Libra, on Oct. 1st, 2005. This gives us an angular seperation of 215 degrees, near the end of the Seeker Phase. Mars turns direct again on Dec. 10th, 2005 at 8 degrees Taurus with the Sun at 18 Sag., an angular seperation of about 110 degrees -- deep into the Activist Phase. What can we symbolically make of this?

This retrograde phase suggests that by the time we have experienced the Seeker Phase (most of it, anyways) we come to the realization that Mars' rough and ready approach to life's actions and expression of will could use some more refinement. Mars retraces its steps, accordingly -- perhaps reluctantly because Mars doesn't like to backtrack and do things twice -- and passes back through the Analyst Phase where skills and tactics are reworked. Then, just to test Mar's ability to retain its true character even though it has now been better equiped and trained, Mars experiences the need to struggle with what it has done and to clean it up, reorder things. Only then can Mars now proceed with its natural course of development and experience.

So, we have a few list participant's where Mars might be natally retrograde.
Using just the list data provided without reference to the charts, the following might have Mars retrograde:
** star-lover
** squeakmo9
** Oak Dragon
** helvetica
** stardancer

If you have a retrograde Mars perhaps we can share and discuss how the phase relationships might be modified to some degree. Dave.

I have my Mars retrograde, in reference to what I stated before:

squeakmo9 said:
I have this Analyst phase where my Sun is in the 9th house to my Mars in the 2nd House.
I think that through my interests in developing a personal philosophy(9th), I am able to improve my values, including how I value myself(2nd).
I don't know if a retrograde Mars has anything to do with the fact that it has taken me a long time to realize what my values are and how important it is to have a solid foundation and a solid belief in myself. By the time I realized this fact, I was 35 years old, I will be 39 this year. I should have learned this many, many years ago.
squeakmo9 said:
I do have an overwhelming feeling to "overcome" personal problems, they seem to always be in my upper most mind. Sometimes I suspect that I am a bit too self-absorbed, but really "need" to get myself straight, better.
This need to improve has only come over me in the last few years, very intensely as a result of a failed relationship.
squeakmo9 said:
It's a tug of war, some days seem like I'm making strides and other days, like I've taken 2 steps back. Still this is what I care about because when I look back, I can see improvements and that inspires me.
I think with the retro there is more of a need to be "sure" of what needs to be improved, it is a slow and intense process. I think these new approaches to change are integreted into the overall character, for keeps. Again I am not sure if I have properly applied my retro Mars to this phase, but thought I'd give it a shot.