please join us in the new deck "Tarot of Innocence"

linnie

Did Tarot of Innocence ever happen, Shadowdancer?

I hope it did. I read some of your posts, and recognised your enthusiasm as everything seemingly comes rushing forth from Spirit itself, and it feels like it is all just meant to happen...

shadowdancer

Hi linnie

well, I did think it may not happen, but Steve is back on board, and some :D

I am more excited than I was 18 months ago. The energies are back up and running so wish us all the best. And thanks for staying with us on this. It really does mean a lot to us both. Having so many believe in us is really giving us yet more motivation to follow through. The characters are still there, and are still very real in our minds.

Davina

Ravenswing

guess who coming to dinner??

Well not really, but here's our favorite (me and Davina's that is) little guy--the Hermit. Pardon the bits of pencil that I didn't have time to remove. He seems a bit younger than before--maybe it's just more Innocent. That pretty much covers the major Major Arcana characters.

There's also a pencil rendering of someone you haven't met yet--the Queen of Wands. A rather exotic fairy with a razor sharp mind, she captures the heart of the Prince of Wands--a mighty Elf. The suit of Wands is the story of the Prince's quest to find himself, eventually becoming King.

Davina and I are hoping to attract a publisher ASAP, but, if it comes down to it, we are investigating the process of self-publishing and how to finance it.

I'm gunning for having a limited edition colour-it-yourself Major Arcana deck available around April or May...

The World of Innocence is slowly coming together...

fly well
raven

Attachments

• jIhermit.jpg
    jIhermit.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 84
  • QoW.jpg
    QoW.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 84

shadowdancer

yeah, soft spot for the Hermit. I think I was like him for a huge part of my growing up. A bitof an outsider, someone who preferred their own company most of the time etc.

He doesn't carry a lantern - his light is that jar of fireflies.

Davina

linnie

thanks for sharing :)

I've never spoken to someone else who's created a deck... or is in the process of doing so... there are so many decks out there, I guess that must mean that there are, or have been, over the ages, at least that many creators, yes?! :)

My cards were either B&W or coloured depending on their role... A variation on most decks, I guess. I must admit that I hit a standstill, too, for a shorter time... I'd completed the B&W cards, but instinct told me that there was more to come... At that point, I'd never 'coloured in' a B&W card (and didn't, even then, with the originals), but I also knew I'd done as many B&Ws as I was going to... I had to sit tight and wait to see what the Universe would ask for... and it did, bless it, and I suddenly, with no further doubt, launched into full-colour cards to complete the deck... It all felt... well... perfect... somehow. :)

It is amazing to look at your cards, eg The Wheel, and feel the difference between the energy of the initial sketch and the coloured, more complete work... definitely a shift! And to read the interesting comments divulging some of your characters secrets, too! :)

Best wishes with it all. If you both feel, in your heart, that your deck is to be, then my guess is that it will be!

All things good, Linnie :)

linnie

Oh... the fireflies...

Oh, and I totally love the idea of the firefly lamplight! :) I have had firefly visits in my labyrinth, and they are indeed the appropriate mystical and magical little beings to light the Hermit's path! :)

shadowdancer

bless you Linnie :)

and thanks for sharing your experiences too. There are some wonderful black/white only decks out there and I know they can have just as much of a place as a coloured final. I still use my original sketched layouts occasionally from the ToI, but suspect the new versions of inked line drawings will be more impactive whilst the cards are being coloured.

As for the wheel, Steve did well on that one. Lots of different angles to consider in just one card. I love the character holding onto the floor for dear life. No confidence at all. But, having had earthquakes here for over 6 weeks now, I can see that in a different and less judgemental way.

Davina

Ravenswing

oh well...

hi guys

I said I wasn't going to do it; that working on the tarot of innocence was going to have to wait 'til I got all the eyes finished for the windows prototype.

So much for that.

Some of the portraits were sitting on my drawing board demanding to be finished up. They are very persistent.

I've attached the high priestess and the empress. The two sisters that keep things running. With the help of everyone else of course.

Much more in a bit.

fly well,
raven

Attachments

• highpriestess.jpg
    highpriestess.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 84
  • empress.jpg
    empress.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 83

Ravenswing

here we are--

the day before Hallowe'en.

I actually finished all of my eyes. It's the first project I've finished in a long, long time.

So it's time to turn my energies to the Tarot of Innocence.

Hang on guys, we're ready to roll...

fly well
raven

rwcarter

Ravenswing said:
Hang on guys, we're ready to roll...
Woo hoo!!!!! I've been ready to roll for a long time! :D

Rodney