please join us in the new deck "Tarot of Innocence"

Ravenswing

a few notes here...

hi guys--

Davina and I haven't been able to hook up and chat for a bit, so it's e-mail messages back and forth instead. There's a few things I want to get settled before I really hit the drawing board. In the meantime I've been playing around with style and technique--I'm getting a good feel with the mixed (up) media...

It's a bit more of a back and forth process than I first expected, but it's coming along well. It'll be about a week 'til I get down to starting the Majors. I'm going to be taking more time with the initial layout drawing than I had previously. I feel that there was a bit of a lack of balance in some of the cards--the High Priestess and Justice for example. I can actually grid my paper, and pull out the compass and straightedge. The geometry of the cards has become a larger issue with me...

Rather than skipping around like I did before, I'm going to do the Majors in order--with 8 as Strength. I don't know what the final cards will measure, but they'll be in a 7:10 ratio. I'm not sure what size I'm going to do the masters in, but 5 1/4" x 7'5" is most likely. That will depend on the inking.

Initially, I won't be coloring the cards. I'm going to do all the hard line ink drawings first. Once they're done, we're going to make sets of the masters available as a color-it-yourself study set. That's my reason for not initially coloring; that way I don't influence you... :)

I won't be able to do any sketching at work anymore--a bit of a change in management. So things will take longer than I had hoped.

Well, that's about it for the moment. I'm hoping that the next time you hear from me I'll be putting up the Fool...

fly well
raven

Ravenswing

one other thing

forgot to mention this one--

for the most part, other than some angle changes or bringing the camera closer, the cards remain the same....

and now, who can tell me this one. What's the Magician's Name??

fly well
ravin'

rwcarter

Ravenswing said:
and now, who can tell me this one. What's the Magician's Name??
That's a tough one. I'm torn between shadowdancer and Ravenswing! How about shadowwing or Ravensdancer? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rodney

shadowdancer

that is classic Rodney :D

Ravenswing

ShadowWing

Hey rodney--

We (Davina and I) just caught you.

ShadowWing sounds like a good name for Strength's dragon.... :)

fly well
raven

rwcarter

Glad to be of help! :D

sacredashes

I do like naming the characters during the creation process. Its like breathing life into them.

rwcarter

Ravenswing said:
fand now, who can tell me this one. What's the Magician's Name??
Having gone back through the thread, I see two potential names for the Magician as given by our own Ravenswing - Will (post 75) and "that Where's Waldo guy" (post 135). :D

Rodney

Ravenswing

hmmmm...

hey rodney--

Will works real good for the Magician. And since he'll be colored up like the RWS Magician, how 'bout Will Scarlet:??? :) Kind of either Shakespere-ish (or is it Robin Hood?????))

ravin'