POCKET OR MINI SIZE POLL

If a publisher only made one smaller size would you rather it be pocket or mini?

• POCKET SIZE

Votes: 77 96.3%
  • MINI SIZE

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters

G6

If a publisher only made one of these smaller sizes would you rather have pocket size or mini size?

Mini Size = 1.73 x 3.15 inches - This is LoScar's standard smaller size

Pocket Size = 2.3 x 3.5 inches - This is U.S. Games standard smaller size

Please vote in the poll, thanks!!!

ETA: I measured a USG pocket deck (instead of using online specs.) and it is actually closer to standard bridge size.

I changed the LoScar specs to match what AT said is the size of the Ceccoli Mini. If anyone has a LoScar mini and can measure for verification on the above specs, please post, thanks!

Annabelle

Pocket size, always. Minis are cute, but don't work for me as reading decks.

Ace

I had some misgivings voting here, what is the exact SIZES of pocket vs mini? I voted Pocket, because in my deck of choice (the World Tree Tarot) there is only a full size or a mini, and the mini is much too small for me to handle. A pocket size (if that is the size say of a Morgen Green tarot in a box) is MUCH better.

barb

G6

I had some misgivings voting here, what is the exact SIZES of pocket vs mini? I voted Pocket, because in my deck of choice (the World Tree Tarot) there is only a full size or a mini, and the mini is much too small for me to handle. A pocket size (if that is the size say of a Morgen Green tarot in a box) is MUCH better.

barb

I added the sizes above, thanks for voting!

There is also poker and bridge size, which might be what you're talking about?

Poker Size: 3.5 x 2.5 inches

Bridge Size: 3.5 x 2.25 inches

celticnoodle

I vote for pocket size too. :)

russell

I like the size of the Universal Waite pocket deck, bridge size (3.5 x 2.25 inches). I wish more 3.5 inch long decks were available.

bonebeach

Pocket over mini any day. If it's too small to riffle shuffle and bridge, I want nothing to do with it--and talented as I am, a truly mini deck is beyond my abilities. Poker size, too, I like poker size.

rygD

I like the size of the Universal Waite pocket deck, bridge size (3.5 x 2.25 inches). I wish more 3.5 inch long decks were available.
I totally agree. I had a somewhat lengthy post discussing the pros and cons of various sizes, then I saw that the pocket size that was mentioned was not what I think of as pocket size. I feel that is the optimal size. I think both listed sizes are a bit too small for me, so I would still go for the larger of the two for a variety of reasons. Ultimately it comes down to what the individual wants to do and can handle, see, and work with.

Darkmage

I might have to pick up the pocket Universal, then. I love the full size one, and a smaller one would be nice.

I voted for pocket. I really wish both companies would print more decks in playing-card size. The big ones are nice, but they're a pain to haul around. :/

RiverRunsDeep

Definitely pocket! For me, the mini decks involve too much eye strain and are difficult to shuffle.