Poll - what do you really want in a pre-order offer for BBCats' tarot?

What would you like the BBCats' Tarot pre-order offer to be?

• the biggest discount possible

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • no discount but free shipping

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • smaller or no discount and free print

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • smaller or no discount and free pack of postcards

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • smaller or no discount and free pack of greetings cards

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Quantity discount, like "buy two (or three) get one free" (inspired by supermarkets, this one!)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Discount, you are going to DISCOUNT them?!

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Something different from these - please suggest

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

baba-prague

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I think it may be of general interest to others about to publish who may also be wondering what kind of offers people would reallly like?

All replies appreciated. Alex and I debated this (over cake and coffee - our favourite coffee shop has reopened and we love them because when they shut for refurbishment a few weeks they GAVE us the unsold cake! - but I digress...) and we couldn't decide. So please help with your opinions.

_________

Oh - in case it isn't clear, the print, postcards and greetings cards options would all be of cards from the deck. We are thinking of doing postcards and or greetings cards in any case.
We also want to offer prints a bit more publically this time, as long as we can find a slightly less time-consuming way to produce them (still by hand, but hopefully without taking the time it has taken to do Prague prints).
But are any of these things attractive as the pre-order offers? Please tell me!

dolphinprincess

This may be too confusing, but you could offer a few of the options above.. so people can choose the one that best suits them... :D

Honestly, regardless of what you decide, I think the people waiting for this deck will jump on the pre-order!

Le_Corsair

I'm betting that people will want the buy two, get one free option, because that way they'll get a using deck, a spare deck, and a deck to give as a gift.

Then again, I could be wrong. I often am. :D

Bob :THERM

Astraea

I voted for the quantity discount, but I'm just so glad to be on the preorder list that it will be a thrill to have even one copy of this beautiful deck.

Pagan X

What, no *autographed* decks?

That's what I want.

baba-prague

Oh, ALWAYS autographed decks - not just for the pre-order :)

I am always a bit taken-aback when people ask for a signed deck, but it's also really nice.

HudsonGray

I was going to go for the biggest discount possible, but that buy two, get one free sounded better.

Melvis

I like the print idea best, but after that I'd say the biggest discount possible would probably be the most well received.

Yea, Pre-Orders! :D

Peace,

Melvis
:TSTRE

Mimers

I would love the free postcards! I have some from your Prague deck and I usually include one with a trade with a little note on the back.

I also like the buy 2 get one free offer very much!

Thanks for asking Karen!

Mimi

Laura Borealis

Smaller or no discount, with free postcards, but the postcards are unique -- not cards from the deck. And have them only be available with the pre-order, which would make pre-ordering ever so much more attractive. :)

They could be images you love which didn't make it into the deck, or depict astrological signs or the four elements, or have extra mice on them or something. :D

That's my vote -- but I would buy the deck with no discount or anything, and I think you're being terribly generous already!