Poll: Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

Which deck from Magic Realist Press is your favourite?

• Tarot of Prague

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Baroque Bohemian Cats' Tarot

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • Fairytale Tarot

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Fantastic Menagerie Tarot

Votes: 16 13.6%
  • Victorian Romantic Tarot

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • Bohemian Gothic Tarot

Votes: 35 29.7%

• Total voters

Gulliver

Which brings me to the question of what it is about the Fairytale Tarot that people aren't resonating with. Is it the fact is isn't very accessible anymore, or rather just because the theme and chosen images don't incite the same passion as VR or BG?

The Fairytale Tarot is unique, the cards represent each one fairy tale. There are more layers in one card than usual. And of course, the fairy tales can't fit the particular tarot card to 100%, fairy tales have been at first, they are much older - but the fairy tales fit the cards extremely good (Karen made an excellent job), you'll get more than "only" the meaning of the particular tarot card in fact though. Often one card is enough to think about awhile. It goes in deep regions, so fascinating. And Karen let the fairy tales naturally....they are speaking in more than one dimension.

I think because it's more you'll get than "only" the RWS meaning, people are more attracted by the other ones. It takes more time to delve into this system. And it's the very special case, not the common tarot, so the most choose a common tarot as favourite, I think.

Gulliver

Only 15 votings left to 100. Come on, will we achieve the 100?

Chiska

I utterly adore the Fantastic Menagerie!

Next, would be Tarot of Prague.

Then, Fairytale, VR, BoGo, BBCats....

Melia

Which brings me to the question of what it is about the Fairytale Tarot that people aren't resonating with. Is it the fact is isn't very accessible anymore, or rather just because the theme and chosen images don't incite the same passion as VR or BG?

I like the Fairytale Tarot (on screen). It was out of print when I first came across it. Therefore, as I don't have the physical deck (I don't buy OOP decks because of the high prices) I could not consider it when voting. The same goes for the Tarot of Prague. Likewise, the Victorian Flower Oracle was not included in this poll, but it is a deck produced by Magic Realist Press, and quite wonderful in many ways. But, oracles seem to be considered the poorer cousin to tarot and often get overlooked, which is too bad as the VFO (now OOP) is a gem.

The poll here (as are the majority of polls) will be slightly skewed for a variety of reasons. So, if anyone is looking to buy a deck, in the end, they should ignore the poll (any poll) and go with whatever feels right for them.

Dark Victory '39

v.r. and men

It kind of surprises me that i say this, but the Victorian Romantic has become sort of a work horse deck for me. Everyone likes it; male relatives in my household watching sports will actually walk by it if it is out and stop and look and ask questions, and feel, i belive nostalgic; (for what exactly i really couldn't guess). Anyway, i have the 2nd editition, was surprised a little when i bought it as i hadn't been slavering over it (don't have the first edition). I thought it was pretty and well done, I just didn't pine away for it; but then i got it when it was released again b.c. in part it gets so much attention here, and just have found it out more and more often ever since.

Chiska

I love the Fairy Tale. Before I git tarot of Prague, it was my #2 after FM.

I have an unopened FM because when I first got the deck, I bent a card and freaked out. What if I ruin it??? I will need another, so I bought another from amazon and got the FT at the same time.

Chronata

I love my Fairytale! I really think it's an amazing deck...and the best of the fairytale themed decks out there!

But the style is so different from many of the other MRP decks...that I quite forget that it is one!

I really think it's why it suffers in the poll...also it didn't have as many editions as the other decks here.

But after the kitties...it's my favorite.

Gulliver

Likewise, the Victorian Flower Oracle was not included in this poll, but it is a deck produced by Magic Realist Press, and quite wonderful in many ways. But, oracles seem to be considered the poorer cousin to tarot and often get overlooked, which is too bad as the VFO (now OOP) is a gem.

The poll here (as are the majority of polls) will be slightly skewed for a variety of reasons. So, if anyone is looking to buy a deck, in the end, they should ignore the poll (any poll) and go with whatever feels right for them.

I don't think, the VFO is poorer, I think it's just not possible to compare tarot decks with oracle decks.

The poll would not be skewed if all voters would own and use all tarot decks to compare. But so our results here reflect the fact, that not every voter owns all decks too. That's clear. The result shows which deck is most loved under these circumstances though.

swedishfish612

Fairytale is the only MRP deck I don't own. I just can't get interested in it, knowing I'd have to do all of the background reading to understand it. Just feels like too much work for me. Who knows, I might get interested some day...but not today! lol

Gulliver

Little bump. Only 7 votings left to 100. :D