Re-laminate Cards

PathWalker

Depending on how long you want to keep them though, you would have to consider the archival quality of any material you used. Otherwise in time you'll get yellowing, or alteration of the surface you've used. Then you'd find you've done something you can't reverse :(

G6

Depending on how long you want to keep them though, you would have to consider the archival quality of any material you used. Otherwise in time you'll get yellowing, or alteration of the surface you've used. Then you'd find you've done something you can't reverse :(

Thanks, PW. I wondered about the yellowing issue. An art store might be a better place to check about product for this purpose.

rwcarter

I've never used sheets. Off the top of my head, I want to say it's Krylon Acrylic Spray Varnish that I got from the local crafts chain store. I'll try to remember to check tonight when I get home, but I need to pack for the weekend escape.
The Krylon I was remembering is Spray Adhesive. The spray varnish I was using is Winsor & Newton All Purpose Varnish For General Purpose, Arts & Crafts. It's High Gloss. Bar code is 09437691762. I purchased mine in a 10.76oz/305g white and green labeled can.

Rodney

G6

The Krylon I was remembering is Spray Adhesive. The spray varnish I was using is Winsor & Newton All Purpose Varnish For General Purpose, Arts & Crafts. It's High Gloss. Bar code is 09437691762. I purchased mine in a 10.76oz/305g white and green labeled can.

Rodney

Do you recommend the spray varnish over the spray adhesive? Why?

Laura Borealis

Adhesive is for sticking things, it's basically spray glue :)

G6

Adhesive is for sticking things, it's basically spray glue :)

Okay, so it's not like the adhesive sheets its like spraying glue on your cards, got it.

He's recommending the varnish because it'll dry and form into a lamination type coat.

G6

Laura Borealis

Okay, so it's not like the adhesive sheets its like spraying glue on your cards, got it.

He's recommending the varnish because it'll dry and form into a lamination type coat.

Yes, you've got it right. :thumbsup:

Thanks, PW. I wondered about the yellowing issue. An art store might be a better place to check about product for this purpose.

Good plan, look for wording like acid free and archival on the label.

rwcarter

I use the spray glue for covering tarot boxes with decorative paper when I make them. I've also used it for creating the two Happy Squirrel cards for my double deck Revelations Tarot.

G6

I use the spray glue for covering tarot boxes with decorative paper when I make them. I've also used it for creating the two Happy Squirrel cards for my double deck Revelations Tarot.

Did the Windsor and Newton work out in the long term with no yellowing etc? I couldn't tell from the product description if it is archival etc., but since it's intended for fine art purposes such as painting I would imagine so? It's also more expensive almost double the price and closer to the cost of the Avery sheets.