Reading at a fair

nisaba

Hello Forum! I was wondering what types of items or crystals all of you have on your table while reading at fairs or wherever you do readings. Why do you have these items with you?

We don't have a culture of readers at fairs here. I did a Mothers Day at a local club: they paid me a set amount and I gave "free" readings to mothers coming in for the Mothers Day Lunch. They wanted me to look occult, so I was in tie-dyes, an electric-blue cape, and sitting under a black tent strung with fairy-lights, which they supplied. I supplied the blue table-cloth, the big calcite crystal ball, and the scattering of random stones along both sides of the table.

It was about looking the part for a fun event. It was about looking markedly different to all the other workers and guests in the club so that mothers looking for their free readings could find me easily.

Usually when I set up in the new age shop I read out of on a weekly basis, I bring in just a few small things. The pendulum and decks, are there to use. The other odds-and-ends are there to make the space my own (other readers use the space on other days) and to put my mind in a working mindset.