Repeated dream of getting lost

DavidMcCann

Last year I had a series of dreams with featured travel problems, like
- trying to get to a destination and finding I was on the wrong bus or train
- waiting for a bus and only other ones coming past

Yesterday it happened again. I wanted to cross a bridge, but the road was flooded by rain on the other side. Cars were getting through, so I took a bus over the bridge and past the flood. When I went on my way on foot, I soon found myself in an unknown street (and had the momentary thought "this would be a nice place to live") and instead of reaching my destination I eventually came back to the riverside, with flooded streets around me again.

I think some-one is trying to get a message through! Over the past year, I've been trying to sort out my religious beliefs, and I suspect this is relevant. Any further suggestions?

seedcake

I believe the most important is to be clear about yourself. When it's about dreams, you only know the true answer. You can get help from the best friend too if she or he is also interested in interpreting dreams and knows all your background.

If you feel it's about your religious beliefs, explore it more and more, for sure it's relevant 'cause you feel it.

greatdane

From a psychological point of view

It can just mean you feel without a footing in your life somehow. That you are "lost". Sometimes if one feels they have no control over a certain situation or no power, they may have dreams like this. Feeling the rug pulled out from underneath one can have this effect, if you found out a situation or person is not who you thought they were. These are just SOME ideas, I am not saying applies to you. It could well be a message from the other side, it could also just be your deepest thoughts or feelings coming to light only in sleep. But "lost" dreams are really quite common.

SweetSiren

I think you're letting your emotions get in the way of what you want. Perhaps with sorting out your religious beliefs, you feel negatively about everything you come across, and that is why you struggle. This probably permeates into your everyday life more than you know, so this reoccurring dream could reflect a lot about your mindset on just about everything.

On the other hand, it could mean you are ignoring your feelings. You keep trying to get on a bus or train instead of getting a boat. You need to see things from a different perspective in order to get where you're going. In this case, stop sorting out how you think and pay attention to how you feel, give your emotions merit through this journey.

ravynangel

deleted :).

DavidMcCann

Thank you all for confirming my belief that repeated themes are probably significant. I hadn't considered the significance of the water and bridge; crossing the river is so much part of daily life that I take it for granted, and we've had more than our usual share of rain lately!

EmpressArwen

Thank you all for confirming my belief that repeated themes are probably significant. I hadn't considered the significance of the water and bridge; crossing the river is so much part of daily life that I take it for granted, and we've had more than our usual share of rain lately!

Hey David! I have had many dreams of being lost too. Quite disturbing. Usually I can go to the Tarot to figure out what is going on. If you would like me to pull a few cards for you, let me know. You can PM me if you would rather keep it private.

SunChariot

Yesterday it happened again. I wanted to cross a bridge, but the road was flooded by rain on the other side. Cars were getting through, so I took a bus over the bridge and past the flood. When I went on my way on foot, I soon found myself in an unknown street (and had the momentary thought "this would be a nice place to live") and instead of reaching my destination I eventually came back to the riverside, with flooded streets around me again.

I think some-one is trying to get a message through! Over the past year, I've been trying to sort out my religious beliefs, and I suspect this is relevant. Any further suggestions?

I can't wait to hear what others say about this as I have had similar dreams many many many times. Different variations of it. For me trying to get home and the bus stop I need has disappeared or I can't remember where it is. Or I am walking home and I am like a few blocks away and new streets keep opening up that were never there before. And I know I am walking in the right direction, I pass those streets every day in my waking life. But in the dreams, the more I walk the further away I get. Just more and more new streets going in all directions keep opening up. And I just can't get there (home) no matter what I do.

It tends to happen, I think, for me when I have to face something new that I don't quite know how to handle and have little experience with, and I think the not able to find my way back home thing, for me, shows I have left my comfort zone and don't feel at home where I am and I can't find my way yet to feeling at home in the new situation and yet things can't go back to what they once were.

Maybe yours says that your emotions are getting in the way of where you want to go? Not being able to get to where you want to. And all that flooding sounds to me like a flood of emotions. An overflow of emotions?

Don't know if that helps at all, but I hope so in some way. And looking forward to hearing what others say. Maybe that you feel that it would be a better place in your life to live in at the moment if the emotions would stop overflowing....just a guess....Some sadness...water=tears=tears flood out of our eyes, overflow from the eyes?

Babs

stonesatiety

In my dreams water generally relates to spirituality. In this case you crossed the bridge by making wise use of help--you crossed a bridge in your shifting spirituality. Floods often mean feeling innundated or overwhelmed by your spiritual path, spirituality, etc. Interesting how, using help, you got through being overwhelmed to walk through a comfy neighborhood/place to live. So you were "there," meaning a comfy place for you.

Significant to me is how you returned to the flooded side of the bridge on your own. Our paths tend to unfold in a circular, spiralling nature. Rather than cross the bridge again, you reentered the spiritual flood. You renewed your spiritual path work, now knowing of the nearby comfy neighborhood. This feels balanced, a great place to continue exploring your path.