Review of The Mythic Tarot Workbook

Le Fanu

Thank you! I might as well get a workbook to match my edition! Is this the book which has stuff in about all the myths, or is it just colouring exercises?

I wanted something to remind me of the myths!

Le Fanu

Thank you so much! Ive found a hardback copy for under a tenner on amazon uk! Glad I asked now, I could have ended up with a colouring book and be none the wiser about Agamemnon!

There are so many "Mythic" editions out there; book/deck/set/workbook...

Grigori

Yay :D Love the Mythic, such a great deck. I'm falling in love with it all over again recently :)

AJ

SherryZoned said:
I got my book!!...I am not so artistically inclined that i can draw my own pictures...I am going to copy the pics from the boook and then color them.tho..cant wait to get started..

I scanned the b&w images and colored that copy. I never know what decks/sets I'll sell to stay under my self-imposed limit so didn't want to mark up a perfect book.
Coloring the Empress really helped me understand that card on some different levels.
And i love my big box of crayons :)

Prism

I love it too. Both the deck (old one) and the book. I just spent an hour or so with the Hierophant. I never liked that card before, but now I think I get it a little better.

rwcarter

The Mythic was my first deck back in 92. I bought the workbook shortly after I bought the set. The workbook is more of a "coloring book." And thumbing through the workbook I see that my memory has failed me once again. I started with tarot in 91, not 92! I went through the workbook from Aug 91 - Mar 92. And while there's not as much of the backstory of the card imagery in the workbook as there is in the companion book, there is some.

And much like AJ with the Empress, coloring the Emperor definitely involved some catharsis for me. Growing up with an absentee father didn't leave me with a favorable impression of the quintessential father figure in the deck. From my notes and observations under the image I colored:
Zeus sit in his robe of indifference bordered with anger on this throne of lies which rests on a rock of hate. He is colored in fear and crowned in betrayal. In his hands he holds hate and envy. Despair is perched on his shoulder. Mountains of rage are in the background. The sky is cool.
Wow :bugeyed: If it weren't in my own handwriting, I'd swear I had someone else's workbook! :laugh: And from that description, you'd probably never guess that the card is colored in blues and reds. I remember having done a color key, but I don't see it in the book anywhere....

Rodney

AJ

Zeus sit in his robe of indifference bordered with anger on this throne of lies which rests on a rock of hate. He is colored in fear and crowned in betrayal. In his hands he holds hate and envy. Despair is perched on his shoulder. Mountains of rage are in the background. The sky is cool.

Wow.
Goosebumps.

I'm not happy with todays blog post, but mostly I wonder who is writing those posts in my blog. Doesn't come from me, comes from the cards...