schools open to multi culture (yeh right)

Zephyros

On the other hand, it could be argued that Tarot has no more place in school than Creationism. The problem is the double standard, that mainstream holidays such as Christmas are dealt with in Western schools but other religious events or spiritual artifacts are not. I would prefer an all or nothing approach, preferably nothing.

Plus, I wouldn't define Tarot as a cultural thing, in that no culture can lay claim to it and say that is is representative of it. In that circumstance, I wouldn't say multiculturalism even applies.

Starshower

That's not the case in England, closrapexa.
Most schools - all state-run ones, anyway - teach about many, many religions and celebrate their festivals, keep their fasts & feasts and provide veggie food for vegetarians, Jews & Muslims. My own children learned vast amounts - albeit bite-sized chunks - from an enormous smorgasbord from pretty much every major religious tradition worldwide. They visited synagogues, celebrated Eid & the Chinese new year, heard Hindu stories galore, learned about Native American traditions, had 'practice-go' yoga sessions & drumming circles, etc. They even had a lesson or two on our human tendency to systematise everything and be superstitious.

The Happy Squirrel

Gregory is the GRANNY from hell.... (named for HER missing cat - who must be dead by now, but I am NOT changing it !)

No worries; you aren't the first and you won't be the last ! :D

Oh! Sorry! Ahahahahahahahahaha.....

MagsStardustBlack

That's not the case in England, closrapexa.
Most schools - all state-run ones, anyway - teach about many, many religions and celebrate their festivals, keep their fasts & feasts and provide veggie food for vegetarians, Jews & Muslims. My own children learned vast amounts - albeit bite-sized chunks - from an enormous smorgasbord from pretty much every major religious tradition worldwide. They visited synagogues, celebrated Eid & the Chinese new year, heard Hindu stories galore, learned about Native American traditions, had 'practice-go' yoga sessions & drumming circles, etc. They even had a lesson or two on our human tendency to systematise everything and be superstitious.

This is similar to my daughters school. They celebrate may cultures festivals. On the festival days they eat their specific foods ect.... make lanterns and masks. My daughter came home one day and told me numbers in Mandarin :)

I guess this is why I find it strange that her Tarot cards were not welcome, strange one, il be sure to find out in 6 weeks time :) when the new head mistress starts :)

The Happy Squirrel

Yah I just realised that after SHE told me :p