Scythe Card

Village Witch

The Scythe cards is one that always perplexes me.

As the core meaning of the Scythe is a severing, a cut, a quick decision..., I fail to see why so many decks depict what appears to me as a harvest, an abundance.

I do at times read the Scythe as harvest, actually I read it a lot as a harvest. Perhaps it is simply wishful thinking.

Today I asked the cards how things will go on my first day of work this week. My new job is payroll and accounts payable.

Fish + Moon + Scythe

As the job involves working with finances, the read spoke to me as a need to be precise/accurate about working with money.

I tried not to see the negative side of the Scythe as I couldn't help thinking I was going to be overwhelmed with emotion and quit my job on the first day!

I'm loosing sight of my question to you all here.

How do you reconcile the meaning of Scythe with a picture of what appears to be a harvest? Yes, I know Scythe can be a severing or a cut, but that is not what springs to mind when I see the Scythe card. How about you?

Barleywine

It makes me think of the old expression "John Barleycorn must die!" A grain harvest is all about "severed heads."

DownUnderNZer

I usually pull a card after SCYTHE to see which way the harvest will fall so as to say.

"How things will go on my first day of work this week".

About your day? Just with SCYTHE.

With SCYTHE it could be saying that you may find certain things are done to the point or down the line and maybe no mincing of anything when it comes to how it is all run.

Could even be about you being matter of fact and doing things with precision.

I tend to think a straight forward day really. Also, there might be moments of bluntness, clarity, and having to be sharp and focused on your part. The diligent worker.

DND :)

As the core meaning of the Scythe is a severing, a cut, a quick decision..., I fail to see why so many decks depict what appears to me as a harvest, an abundance.

I do at times read the Scythe as harvest, actually I read it a lot as a harvest. Perhaps it is simply wishful thinking.

Today I asked the cards how things will go on my first day of work this week. My new job is payroll and accounts payable.

Fish + Moon + Scythe

As the job involves working with finances, the read spoke to me as a need to be precise/accurate about working with money.

I tried not to see the negative side of the Scythe as I couldn't help thinking I was going to be overwhelmed with emotion and quit my job on the first day!

How do you reconcile the meaning of Scythe with a picture of what appears to be a harvest? Yes, I know Scythe can be a severing or a cut, but that is not what springs to mind when I see the Scythe card. How about you?

decan

Both the Fish and the Moon refer to working, so it's appropriate here.

The Scythe is about danger and is a warning to be on guard. This can fit to a stressful first day if it will be a stressful day, generally a first day in a new environment can involve stress, we can feel uncomfortable, in danger in some way.
Well, I guess this first day wasn't like a surgery, I hope it for you!

If we use the meaning of harvest, it's much more comfortable. How was your first day, stressful or more gratifying?

Ruby Jewel

Fish + Moon + Scythe

When I get something like that from a 3-card reading, I make it a 5-card reading and draw 2 more cards for the clarity.

Village Witch

I usually pull a card after SCYTHE to see which way the harvest will fall so as to say.

"How things will go on my first day of work this week".

About your day? Just with SCYTHE.

With SCYTHE it could be saying that you may find certain things are done to the point or down the line and maybe no mincing of anything when it comes to how it is all run.

Could even be about you being matter of fact and doing things with precision.

I tend to think a straight forward day really. Also, there might be moments of bluntness, clarity, and having to be sharp and focused on your part. The diligent worker.

DND :)

As I will be processing payroll my first day, I most certainly will need to make sure things are done with precision. You post fits perfectly with what my job entails.

I will also remember to draw another card after the Scythe should a similar draw happen again. Thank you, DND!

Village Witch

Both the Fish and the Moon refer to working, so it's appropriate here.

The Scythe is about danger and is a warning to be on guard. This can fit to a stressful first day if it will be a stressful day, generally a first day in a new environment can involve stress, we can feel uncomfortable, in danger in some way.
Well, I guess this first day wasn't like a surgery, I hope it for you!

If we use the meaning of harvest, it's much more comfortable. How was your first day, stressful or more gratifying?

I don't read the Moon as the work card. I follow Rana George in using the Fox as the work card. So, in my opinion, the Moon wouldn't show up as the work card in my draw if I don't read it that way. That is why I am reading Moon as putting the spotlight on something.

My first day isn't till Wednesday. It's payroll day. I sure hope it is not stressful, but as you say, first day can be a bit stressful. This job is a perfect fit for me as I have the skill set to master the job. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Village Witch

When I get something like that from a 3-card reading, I make it a 5-card reading and draw 2 more cards for the clarity.

I will remember that. Thank you!

Ruby Jewel

Fish + Moon + Scythe

The moon indicates you will be successful and receive accolades. The Scythe indicates something will cut into that....you might be on guard against a jealous coworker...