Self-collected Oracles (CCG/TCG/etc) Daily Draws

Onaorkal

I always find it funny when some cards have mental power in the negative! Especially Naruto haha!

Today's card :

Flash Back
''I don't have time to just sit around!''
*We can see Sasuke leaving Konoha*

I feel really restless today, for no particular reason. The quote about not 'sitting around' reminds me that if I simply wait until my feeling of anxiety goes away, I'll wait forever and it won't get better anyway. I should get up and start doing stuff! The Flash Back title could be to remind me that I've lived countless days like that in the past and I know I shouldn't procrastinate forever if I want to feel better soon!

Onaorkal

Today's card

A Shadow in the Moonlight
''What was that... I could'a sworn there was someone there...''
*Quote from young Sasuke, the night of the Uchiha massacre. The image shows a large Full Moon with the shadow of Itachi crouching on top of a pole.*

A lot of questioning/uncertainties. I should be careful to not get deceived by appearances.
Since I'm quite stressed out these days, it could be relevant to many different things. It's already afternoon here, we'll see how the rest of the day goes by...

Rose Lalonde

Naruto

I should stop calling my deck Naruto "UU", because it'll include more sets soon. Thoroughly enabled by Troll & Toad's cheap international shipping, I ordered new cards. (There may be an unreasonably high # featuring Kakashi)

Speaking of Kakashi, today's card:

Kakashi: Getting Ready "My preparation's complete. Let's go, Naruto!"

I can't help but notice his prep hand sign looks like he's flicking me off! ;) It also says draw 2 cards and discard 2 cards, so the total's unchanged. He's getting ready to take on a Gaara-toting Deidara, but Deidara manages to escape this time. So...

I'm going to say I'm ready to take on some projects today, but may not make a ton of progress.

Rose Lalonde

Naruto

Akatsuke - The ones wriggling in the dark.
Uses Ambush

This will be brief, since I've gotten a sore throat, ear ache, etc. that's gotten worse all day. I think the 'ones wriggling' are bacteria in my case.

Rose Lalonde

Naruto

Feeling better. I pulled two cards as I decide today whether to take on a freelance project...

1) Kimimaro: Sharp Stance "I will become your cage" Ambush -- Water
2) Hinata: "If you really want to help me get better at this, come at me full force." Growth -- Earth

Kimimaro is a little less intimidating with sweet but determined Hinata meeting him head on.

I'm definitely getting that this would be a challenging project with a not-so-easy-to-please client and possibly some unexpected delays, though if I decide I have the time to really focus on it, I could learn from taking it on whole heartedly. -- But what I learn may be more about standing up for myself than about the actual work.

j1djjwi4.tpa.jpg

Onaorkal

Ha I wish I could also upload images! Alas I'm not a registered member! :(

I didn't do a card of the day during the weekend but yesterday I had 2 friends at home and I decided to pull a card for my friend since she was starting a new job today.

Something quite funny happened. As I was shuffling the cards, she jokingly said "omg I don't want to get Orochimaru!" and I said "Well it's not impossible because there is 1 card with him in the deck! But I hope you won't get this one because it's a pretty gloomy one!" (It's the 10 of Swords)
Well I laid out the cards and she did pick Orochimaru. O_O
I think we were all so *focused* on Orochimaru that the energy made her picked this specific card. She told me today that everything went fine haha.

It's this one haha : http://m.tradecardsonline.com/img/cards/naruto/1083/big/TCM-161.jpg

Rose Lalonde

Naruto Daily

The one card she didn't want! At least her day went well. Makes me think of post 4th Ninja War Orochimaru, weirdly chill and wandering around the Leaf. But of course you said it was a gloomy card (sorry, link's not working for me - says I'm not allowed).

Today's draw is Attacking on Both Sides, lightning, with a quote of just "!!"
Hidan's in the middle, attacked from left and right by Izumo and Kotetsu. I'm having a fairly lazy day off, not attacking much of anything, even laundry. Of course, given how completely unfazed Hidan was, maybe I'm better off not starting anything. And I have a whopper of a headache, so I should get off the computer... (Actually Hidan temporarily loses his head later in that fight. If this headache keeps up, I may be jealous.)

Rose Lalonde

Naruto daily

Rock Lee "This is it"
It's the only card I have with nothing under effects.
Lightning

I've been so busy and a bit under the weather that I've been relieved to fall into bed the past few nights. Today is Sat., my final work day before my 'weekend' so a last push to meet deadlines. The blank on this card reminds me that Rock Lee's repertoire is limited to taijutsu, and he mastered that only through dogged determination and long hours. Though I'm not at my best, I'll push through a little farther and try to have a good attitude.

Rose Lalonde

Naruto daily

Drew 2 today:
Ninja Info card - Kabuto - water
Fellowship - Gaara's rescue/return - wind

Both have to do with other people, lots of other people, how I relate in general with them, but couldn't be much more different in their approach. Kabuto reduces people to a list of strengths to plan for and weaknesses he can exploit. Fellowship shows a crowd from more than one village all concerned about Gaara, wanting to help and support him.

I'm fairly private with a small circle of friends. I'm thinking of this in terms of co-workers and acquaintances, though. A reminder to reflect on how openly I'm interacting with people I'm not so close to. It's a good day for that: Someone was brusque with me, which was unusual for them, but for all I know they could have a lot going on right now; I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. Also I received a sweet message from someone else and wasn't expecting it.

keydimhg.oqn.jpg

maenifold

Feel free to post draws with your selection of collectible cards, promotional cards, or game cards. From Yu-Gi-Oh! to hockey to board games like Dixit or Discworld... Any deck you've collected of cards that weren't published as an oracle.

I found a small, odd, assortment of cards that used to come in boxes of tea-bags back in the 1970s. The cards are from various (diverse) sets, and there are some duplicates, so it's a strange oracle, but I'll see how it goes.

CARD DRAWN:
Set: "40 ways to play better soccer"
Card: "Number 8 - Tackling"
Text: "Colin Todd [famous soccer player back in the day] has picked his moment exactly to launch his tackle on the attacking striker." [Lots more text, too small for me to read it]
Illustration: Oddly painted scene, showing a soccer player (shirt number 6, in white shirt) tackling another (shirt number 9, in red shirt), under a quasi-Van Gogh sky.

INTERPRETATION:
This is a very auspicious time to tackle a project or issue. The card doesn't indicate a successful outcome explicitly though, so perhaps the outcome isn't assured. Looking through a planets/numbers lens: if number 6 is ruled by Venus, and 9 by Mars (the red shirt fits), then this card illustrates a (potential) triumph of earth over fire (backed up by it being the 8th card in the set, 8 ruled by Saturn).