Should I reunite with an old friend?

omnislashed

I started thinking about a friend recently, after I had a dream about him. We never actually severed ties or anything, but we've kinda drifted. He's crossed my mind a bunch since then, but I never really thought intensely about the situation until the dream occurred. It was a strange gut-punch. He told me he missed me terribly in the dream, and I woke up feeling like I abandoned him. It was tremendously disorienting, so I decided to do a spread about the situation, thinking maybe I should re-establish contact with him. But I'm unsure if he appreciates my friendship anymore, so I need to understand where he currently stands. Used the Animals Divine deck. (Can't link images to the Minors, sorry.)

Has this person been missing me? (Queen of Cups)
Image here.
I interpreted this as a pretty evident "sure", but yes-and-no questions aren't exactly my forte. However, I'm beginning to think it wasn't a coincidence that he surfaced in my dream. The Queen extends a cup with a hand placed over her heart; I sense an anticipatory longing within this card image.

How does this person perceive me on the surface? (The Moon)
Image here.
I'm interpreting this to mean that, since we've drifted, his viewpoint about me is muddled and obscure. He's unsure of my whereabouts, and my general identity is mysterious to him now. We used to be more "Sun-like".

How does he perceive me on a deeper level? (Justice)
Image here.
He perceives me as ethical and well-adjusted, somebody with a lot of decisions on their plate. The latter part is definitely true.

What does this person dislike about me nowadays? (Knight of Pentacles, Eight of Pentacles)
Image here.
... I have absolutely no idea what this combination means. The development (or lack thereof) on the material plane? I'm definitely not a Pentacles type of person.

What does this person still appreciate about me? (Knight of Cups, Eight of Swords)
Image here.
Again, what? I've gotten two Knights, and two Eights. How can the Eight of Swords ever be a positive trait? Has this person appreciated that I'm emotionally laid-back, rarely inclined to become excessively schmoozy?

Present energies that I should be aware of: (Four of Wands)
We've both been comfortable within our separate worlds, and we still exist in the background of eachother's lives. Just nothing to jump out of our chairs about, right now.

Basically, I'm requesting the most assistance regarding the Knights and the Eights. I find those reveals somewhat incomprehensible. How would you interpret this general spread in context of an old friendship, and what would you do in this situation?

Amanda

omnislashed said:
Has this person been missing me? (Queen of Cups)
Image here.
I interpreted this as a pretty evident "sure", but yes-and-no questions aren't exactly my forte. However, I'm beginning to think it wasn't a coincidence that he surfaced in my dream. The Queen extends a cup with a hand placed over her heart; I sense an anticipatory longing within this card image.

Probably.

How does this person perceive me on the surface? (The Moon)
Image here.
I'm interpreting this to mean that, since we've drifted, his viewpoint about me is muddled and obscure. He's unsure of my whereabouts, and my general identity is mysterious to him now. We used to be more "Sun-like".

Elusive?

How does he perceive me on a deeper level? (Justice)
Image here.
He perceives me as ethical and well-adjusted, somebody with a lot of decisions on their plate. The latter part is definitely true.

Smart.

What does this person dislike about me nowadays? (Knight of Pentacles, Eight of Pentacles)
Image here.
... I have absolutely no idea what this combination means. The development (or lack thereof) on the material plane? I'm definitely not a Pentacles type of person.

That you appear to be in your own little world.

What does this person still appreciate about me? (Knight of Cups, Eight of Swords)
Image here.
Again, what? I've gotten two Knights, and two Eights. How can the Eight of Swords ever be a positive trait? Has this person appreciated that I'm emotionally laid-back, rarely inclined to become excessively schmoozy?

That your own little world is a pretty cool place, and maybe your friend would like to be stuck there with you a little more often.

Present energies that I should be aware of: (Four of Wands)
We've both been comfortable within our separate worlds, and we still exist in the background of eachother's lives. Just nothing to jump out of our chairs about, right now.

Things are still 'tight'.

Just my 2 cents! :)

Amanda

Oh and 4 of Wands is totally a 'reunite' card. :p

omnislashed

Haha! I appreciate your succinct response, Amanda. ;)

Was it the Eight of Pentacles that lead you into formulating the "own little world" component? I'm figuring as much, because the Knight drives me utterly insane in general. I can never figure out where he/she is coming from. Or where s/he is going.

The Four of Wands as a "reunite" card? *leans forward closely* Do elaborate, dear comrade.

(I only ask because, generally speaking, the Four of Wands is another "WTF?" card for me. Normally I register it as "Things are stable. Chill out, dude." But I've never heard this card described in the context of reunions.)

Thanks muchly. Your insights are always appreciated.

Amanda

omnislashed said:
Haha! I appreciate your succinct response, Amanda. ;)

:D I'm so avoiding other stuff. Heh.

Was it the Eight of Pentacles that lead you into formulating the "own little world" component? I'm figuring as much, because the Knight drives me utterly insane in general. I can never figure out where he/she is coming from. Or where s/he is going.

What is the music group... *hold on, looking it up*

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc - the feeling I get from that song is the essence of you right here with these cards. Please tell me you are familiar with that song and know what I mean... LOL - I'm not sure how much more I could describe the feeling. :D But both of the cards prompted it. The Knight is kind of 'chill' and just 'doing what he must' (8).

The Four of Wands as a "reunite" card? *leans forward closely* Do elaborate, dear comrade.

(I only ask because, generally speaking, the Four of Wands is another "WTF?" card for me. Normally I register it as "Things are stable. Chill out, dude." But I've never heard this card described in the context of reunions.)

Thanks muchly. Your insights are always appreciated.

Well you know, things are stable; but there's usually a celebration going on in this card to acknowlege accomplishments or something- but this card is more like an annual celebration rather the the 3 of Cups which is a little more random. The 4 of Wands is like, "Happy Birthday/Anniversay/New Year" because it's guaranteed to come around (stability of the 4) whereas 3 of Cups is like, "Hey let's go have some drinks, you wanna?" So, 'reunions' are things that sometimes happen yearly with our kinfolk. And in a spiritual sense (Wands), I see friends as kin.

I know, my head works around in strange ways sometimes. :p

willowfox

Should I reunite with an old friend?

Your answers do not answer this question.

omnislashed

Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc - the feeling I get from that song is the essence of you right here with these cards. Please tell me you are familiar with that song and know what I mean... LOL - I'm not sure how much more I could describe the feeling. But both of the cards prompted it. The Knight is kind of 'chill' and just 'doing what he must' (8).
While I'm not familiar with the song, I believe I'm grokking the general idea. So you believe the Knight of Pentacles + Eight of Pentacles represents a generally lackadaisical (in context of this particular situation) idea towards corresponding with this individual, and that this person dislikes that I'm absorbed within my own reality (again, in context of this situation). I think. Hah, I'm so generally distanced from Pentacles that assistance regarding this suit (particularly when it relates to Courts) is enormously helpful. You don't even know.

Well you know, things are stable; but there's usually a celebration going on in this card to acknowlege accomplishments or something- but this card is more like an annual celebration rather the the 3 of Cups which is a little more random. The 4 of Wands is like, "Happy Birthday/Anniversay/New Year" because it's guaranteed to come around (stability of the 4) whereas 3 of Cups is like, "Hey let's go have some drinks, you wanna?" So, 'reunions' are things that sometimes happen yearly with our kinfolk. And in a spiritual sense (Wands), I see friends as kin.
Ahhh! How hilarious, tonight is my birthday. I believe I'm comprehending your perspective now, considering you've added the juxtaposition of the Three of Cups, which harbors a more casual feel. And you perceive Wands as spiritual? I find this (genuinely) interesting. I'm appreciative that you've supplied another dimension to the Four of Wands, which has been my stalker card for months now. Thanks again! ;)

omnislashed

willowfox:
Your answers do not answer this question.
Yes, true. While shuffling, I merely considered the current dynamic between us, and what this person was thinking regarding me. My question wasn't intended to inquire about the specific, but rather, to understand the present energies between myself and this person. I figured I'd develop a comprehensive understanding about which method I should take once I covered (some of) the overall bases. And once I figured that out, I decided I'd make a decision regarding my future actions. That's my general approach throughout readings, anyway, but YMMV.

Amanda

omnislashed said:
While I'm not familiar with the song, I believe I'm grokking the general idea. So you believe the Knight of Pentacles + Eight of Pentacles represents a generally lackadaisical (in context of this particular situation) idea towards corresponding with this individual, and that this person dislikes that I'm absorbed within my own reality (again, in context of this situation). I think. Hah, I'm so generally distanced from Pentacles that assistance regarding this suit (particularly when it relates to Courts) is enormously helpful. You don't even know.

Not in regards to the individual. More like they view you living your life in a lackadaisical way. Like, maybe they're looking at you thinking you think they aren't going anywhere- if you haven't yet, watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k There is a part where a guy is sitting on some floating land with a windmill playing a guitar and it sings "Love forever love is free, Let's turn forever you and me" while another guy is trapped in a Tower looking out at the guy floating by. LOL Is this a better gist? :laugh:

Ahhh! How hilarious, tonight is my birthday. I believe I'm comprehending your perspective now, considering you've added the juxtaposition of the Three of Cups, which harbors a more casual feel. And you perceive Wands as spiritual? I find this (genuinely) interesting. I'm appreciative that you've supplied another dimension to the Four of Wands, which has been my stalker card for months now. Thanks again! ;)

LOL, oh no... a Gemini? Really? Never would have guessed. :D Happy Birthday! The 4 of Wands was also giving me a 'coming back around' feeling, which (now I realize) goes along with the Knight and 8 of Pentacles feel I was getting... I think your friend misses you, but probably assumes you'll come back around into their life more prominently eventually.

omnislashed

Not in regards to the individual. More like they view you living your life in a lackadaisical way. Like, maybe they're looking at you thinking you think they aren't going anywhere- if you haven't yet, watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyHNuVaZJ-k There is a part where a guy is sitting on some floating land with a windmill playing a guitar and it sings "Love forever love is free, Let's turn forever you and me" while another guy is trapped in a Tower looking out at the guy floating by. LOL Is this a better gist?
Heh, that would be rather hilarious if he interpreted my lifestyle that way, given that I'm majoring in cognitive neuroscience and I've been working several jobs simultaneously since the age of seventeen. However, he knows I left a particularly chaotic job recently, and inquired about it last month. Maybe he was being privately judgmental, who knows. I laughed at the video, though. Now I remember! Oh god, the memories. But yes, you've definitely clarified. Aha!

LOL, oh no... a Gemini? Really? Never would have guessed. Happy Birthday! The 4 of Wands was also giving me a 'coming back around' feeling, which (now I realize) goes along with the Knight and 8 of Pentacles feel I was getting... I think your friend misses you, but probably assumes you'll come back around into their life more prominently eventually.
A Gemini, indeed. You're shocked? What did you think -- have I not been rambling enough? ;) We tend to endure a plethora of negative press. And thank you. Yeah, I'm comprehending your viewpoint on the Four/Wands now, and the Pentacles implies a significant delay (the "eventually" you mentioned). I figured the Four/Wands implied that things are doing "quite alright" as it stands, and no measures are required to propel any significant momentum ... But yeah, I getcha now. I remember this card being associated with "homecoming". Bah. It's always considerably difficult to surmise messages from dreams, but I seldom believe they're a coincidence. I don't have vivid dreams particularly often, so I pay attention when they scream for acknowledgment. Perhaps it's my own subconscious telling me, "WTF is your deal? You were close with this person." I'm the idiot who walked away, albeit not intentionally.

That being said: Again, thank you! (And btw, how can a Taurus possibly laugh at a Gemini? That is not even fair. ;))