Six of wands as inspiration?

PoppyKitty

Okay so I go through these really long phases where I cannot make anything because I'm never happy with the idea or the drawing itself. I asked the cards, what can I do to make myself inspired / creative enough to produce artwork I'm happy with? I drew the six of wands. Any idea what this means?

willowfox

***Determination to succeed.

PoppyKitty

***Determination to succeed.

Hmm.. well I did have another idea.. I read that the card can also symbolize sharing people your stories / achievements of success.. I'm the type of person who is very insecure about sharing my work because I'm worried about what people would think. Perhaps its could also be telling me not to let my insecurities limit my creativity? That's one thing I got out of it too.

Sandalwood

Hmm.. well I did have another idea.. I read that the card can also symbolize sharing people your stories / achievements of success.. I'm the type of person who is very insecure about sharing my work because I'm worried about what people would think. Perhaps its could also be telling me not to let my insecurities limit my creativity? That's one thing I got out of it too.

Hey Poppy :)

Yes, I can see that. ^

Wands is fire, is the element of inspiration (among other things).
On the card there are two types of people: the crowd & the victor.

If you are not getting to the art work straight away is that, because you think of what others will think of it? Which will (perhaps) lead to insecurities and postponing, because you want the work to be perfect (the man on the horse). And the thoughts on it 'having to be good enough' might stop you.
The advice could then be to belief in your ideas (the initial inspiration) and take the steps to stick with that plan (and not adjust it to make it perfect in the eyes of others). “Follow your own lead” & "cheer yourself on".

Just some thoughts of course. Please discard if they don’t feel fitting :)
Good luck with your drawing projects! :)

queenxofxwands

Think of the praise you will get. Praise can be an inspiration for some people.

PoppyKitty

Hey Poppy :)

Yes, I can see that. ^

Wands is fire, is the element of inspiration (among other things).
On the card there are two types of people: the crowd & the victor.

If you are not getting to the art work straight away is that, because you think of what others will think of it? Which will (perhaps) lead to insecurities and postponing, because you want the work to be perfect (the man on the horse). And the thoughts on it 'having to be good enough' might stop you.
The advice could then be to belief in your ideas (the initial inspiration) and take the steps to stick with that plan (and not adjust it to make it perfect in the eyes of others). “Follow your own lead” & "cheer yourself on".

Just some thoughts of course. Please discard if they don’t feel fitting :)
Good luck with your drawing projects! :)

Thank you :) Actually this does fit me a lot. I always want my art to be this perfect thing. I change it to the point where I can get frustrated and stop drawing for awhile. Its all because I want everyone who sees it to like it. I do need to stop that but its hard to grow some thick skin for me. :/ Thanks for the feedback guys.

WalesWoman

Actually if you are trying to create, thinking about how others will view it is the first stumbling block to allowing your creativity to flow. If you always try to create to please others, you will never please yourself.

To me 6 Wands is about all the battles and skirmishes and battles you have fought, winning some, losing some, but never quitting and that what the real victory is all about, it's not about winning or losing but staying in the game.

6 Wands as inspiration... perhaps it's about having a vision of what it is you are trying to create, making multiple attempts to get there. Honestly, that is why they invented erasers, success may not happen the first time, the second time or even the third, but don't give up in frustration, look at what you are doing and take the good with the bad... then maybe erase the bad or do what I do... using tracing paper to get the good stuff and start over on another.

Ok, here is another idea, using the 6 Wands, see all the people looking at the guy on the horse, see all the various perspectives of viewing him... from the ground, from the tops of the walls, through the gate... use those ideas to create small little thumbnail sketches, some will work, some won't, but the only way to achieve any kind of success is to keep trying and not give up in disgust. The main thing is you will have failures to create what you want, but that does not mean YOU are a failure. What it does mean is that you may need to assess what you are doing and maybe change tactics so you don't repeat past mistakes. Follow your passion, and never quit, no matter what.

Nymshi

That card suggests to me you are more focused on the outcome than the process. You can't look at it that way, because even if you do manage to come out on top and receive recognition, you can't just rest on your laurels. You have to keep working to stay there, and if accolades are all that motivate you, you're gonna burn out pretty quickly.

You need to consider what personally drives you to success, what makes you feel like a winner, and focus on that. Let it inspire you to greater heights.

That's what I believe this card is trying to draw your attention to. Where is your focus? Do you feel like a winner inside, like you have achieved your personal best? Or is your attention instead on your peers and rivals? Does your success define you, or you your success? For the RW image, it goes both ways. After all, there are people gathered around him. Doesn't necessarily mean they're celebrating him, as much as that is assumed to be so. He knows victory regardless.

MissNine

6 of wands is usually a fun card for me in readings. Since you've got some creative block going on, I think I'd attribute it's meaning as a backwards thing...instead of people praising you for your accomplishments, you praise them. I think it's appearing to tell you to look at the work of others for inspiration.

willowfox

Hmm.. well I did have another idea.. I read that the card can also symbolize sharing people your stories / achievements of success.. I'm the type of person who is very insecure about sharing my work because I'm worried about what people would think.

***The card is about achievement, you just get on with it, so its not about sharing but striving to be the best. Therefore, fear of failure should never enter the equation but of course you need to listen to constructive criticism as that will help you learn to do better.